Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
PDB/PRC support in i62/M92

As I'm a former PalmOS user I was intrigued about Onyx Boox support of old PDB/PRC files with different formats in my i62HD (I'm sure the same would happen in M92, M90 and I suppose even in A60)
So I checked different PDB/PRC of different data types and the results are:

*SUPPORTED:
--Mobipocket
--PalmDoc/Aportis
--Plucker
--zTxT

*NOT SUPPORTED:
--Isilo3
--Ereader
--Wordsmith

*NO IDEA (because I don't have):
--Isilo (pre Isilo 3.x)
--TealDoc (as is a modiffied PalmDoc with HTML-like tags perhaps docs works but without format tags and tags can be seen?)

Last edited by Manolo; 12-16-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Which program is used to view the PDB files I talk about in previous post? Coolreader it FBReader? Can be configured by the user which program to use?
(Edit: I suppose it isn't Coolreader as I don't see its advanced options. It should be Fbreader )

Is there any other former PalmOs user here that still has old PDB files? In that case what is your experience and problems?

Last edited by Manolo; 12-18-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 02:44 AM   #3
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
In general ... people recommend using calibre (with "epub" as the "output format").
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:31 AM   #4
Manolo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe_alter_ego View Post
In general ... people recommend using calibre (with "epub" as the "output format").
Thanks. I'm sorry some PDB formats are not supported by Calibre (iSilo is one of them )