Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
25% off on select books @ Kobo Books

According to the e-mail I got, the only books that can be purchased with this code are here. It is possible it may work on other titles beside these but I don't know. Anyway, the code is 25%off and it expires October 31. I used it to get The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding Of Facebook: A Tale Of Sex, Money, Genius And Betrayal for $6.97 instead of $9.29 (which was already discounted from the $15.95 list).

Eric
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Thanks! I used it for a book that I don't think is on that list: Sizzling Sixteen (Janet Evanovich) at $7.94. To my recollection, that's about half the price when it was first offered, maybe 2 months ago.

(time passes)

D'oh! I just went to check my email for confirmation of my purchase, and I got a different code - 30%deal - for 30% off.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Thanks for the coupons! FWI The 25%off code does work for books not on that list but can only be used once. The 30%off code did not work for me on anything.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Thanks for sharing. US Buyer here and I can get the codes to work on Non-Agency priced books. I tested the 30% code for Grisham's the Confession and hit apply and it appeared like it would work.

I didn't actually buy though.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
gojisube
Enthusiast
gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus 7" tablet; Dead Onyx Boox C67ML
30%deal worked for me on Aurorarama which got the price close enough to under $10 for me.
gojisube is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Thanks for the coupons! FWI The 25%off code does work for books not on that list but can only be used once. The 30%off code did not work for me on anything.
The 30% code is 30%deal not 30%off - is that what you tried?

Both codes worked for me!! But Kobo seems to have a bit of a bug where the price is discounted but on the confirmation page you get a message saying that you have been charged the full price. A quick check with my credit card company and I have confirmed that I was charged the discounted price.

The 30%deal would only work once so my second book I had to settle for 25%off - still a total bargain.

Thanks!
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much, I've used both of them (the 25%off with a book outside the list) and both have worked (30%deal only once, the other I don't know)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
jessicalynn
Zealot
jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook First Gen (broken), iPad, Kindle Touch SO
excellent! I just love when kobo does coupon codes. I got the girl who played with fire for 5.59. Beat that, amazon!
jessicalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #9
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
The 30% code is 30%deal not 30%off - is that what you tried?
That's exactly what I did! Thanks for noticing that. It works for me now.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #10
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks! I bought my first e-book: Just an Ordinary Day, a collection of Shirley Jackson's short stories.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #11
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I used both codes ... seems to work once only ... and picked up Alexander MacLeod's Light Lifting, one of the shortlist Giller Prize nominees. I also sampled the first of Charles Finch's Victorian London mystery series. Yummm! Thanks, eric11210 and dmacmart!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:57 AM   #12
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
30%deal worked for me--I got the new Jonathan Franzen book.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:32 AM   #13
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
FYI, each code works only once per account, so you can get 30% off on one item and 25% off on a second one, but that's it. A third item is full price.
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:42 AM   #14
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Guess these have expired? I cannot get either one to work for me..
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:26 AM   #15
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
@texaasnightown--not all books are included. In the US, the Agency books are not. Canadians got this in their announcement (the list of publishers is probably different.
Quote:
* Offer valid from October 29 at 12:00 AM through to October 31 at 11:59 PM. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discount code is valid for 30% off an individual eBook purchase excluding eBooks from Hachette, Grand Central, Warner, and Little Brown. Newspapers and magazines are excluded from this offer. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.
In general, books that have only one price listed (vs having a list price and a discounted price) are not included in these sales.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote