Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
Nergal
eBuchReisender
Nergal doesn't litterNergal doesn't litterNergal doesn't litter

Device: Palm Tungsten-E, iLiad
dLetter - email-sending client

Hey folks - made my very first iLiad-Application so far.

it is a cute little email-client I called dLetter (*look* a big 'L' as 2nd letter - ).

It has no GUI, but uses some features of the iLiad content manager to show and sort received emails, as well as sending them.

Attachements are suported in both directions, though there might be some issues I'm not aware off, since I did not test any case of trouble I could imagine.

Code:
look here for the posts on my blog (german):
dLetter - 1st post
dLetter - 2nd post
dLetter - 3rd post (latest version)

and here the direct link to the latest tarball: 
dLetter.tar.gz
Further information in the dLetter-Manual.pdf in the dLetter - folder.

Testing is needed and Feedback is appreciated.
(EDIT! :0.4.9a had a little bug, now repaired, if you you cannot send or receive, please redowload and replace the complete dLetter or dLetter/send+receive/rec_send.py only to keep your settings.)

Cheers,
Nergal

Last edited by Nergal; 03-07-2009 at 02:44 AM. Reason: edit the download link
Nergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #2
kissyfish
Connoisseur
kissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Irex Iliad
Very cool!

I have been waiting for a simple email app for the iliad (I know i should have been trying to port some apps harder, but I have 2 kids under 5 at home).

This is just for sending? or can it pop-3 down mail as well?

Anyhow, many thanks!

Jim
kissyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
Nergal
eBuchReisender

Give me some time - atm I'm busy to receive emails ) - on my notebook so far itworks pretty cool, even with attachements (pdf, images), now I hope I can step over to the iLiad .

the sending part is not working now, due to a complete rewrite to implement receiving and make the whole package with a more wholistic approach and not as the first release, which was a merely prove of concept that it is possible at all.

I cannot promise to release it tonight (in Germany it is 20:40), but I'll have a long weekend so I'm looking forward to getting this done in a few days - at least I hope so.

I'm still thinking about some general design issues (cf. http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=2298)
I want this as slim as possible, since space is rare on the iLiad and flash-memory is energy-consuming ... a vicious circle . So there won't be a GUI. And outgoing emails will be controled by manifest-tags or filenames ...

Nergal
Old 06-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
Nergal
eBuchReisender

Just made the 2nd release - this time it lacks sending and does receive only. I thought you might nonetheless use it, since receiving is so far more useful than sending with the iLiad, at least I think it is .

I have edited the first post to make it easy to find the always latest version.

If you want to have both you need to put them into different folders on your iLiad or change the name dLetter0, dLetter1 ... as you like.

I think I have found a better way for sending emails, but that is in idea-stadium, so I might need some time to code and test it.

It looks like receiving even emails with non ascii characters works fine but this is not really tested, only an 'ö' got through, which I acidentially left

Nergal
Old 06-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #5
Nergal
eBuchReisender

And the 3rd release out. This time with both sending and receiving.

There are some issues left and possibly some bugs. But it works pretty cool - at least for me

Though I am halfway through what I want until version 1.0 it has only 0.4.9a to indicate that it is not thouroughly tested. This is up to you

You may download as ever here: http://static.urigal.net/medias/files/dLetter.tar.gz (the old one with www.urigal... is now obsolete)

There is a (hopefully) full manual included, which should help you to set it up.

Have fun with it,

Cheers,
Nergal!

Last edited by Nergal; 03-07-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Advert
Old 06-08-2008, 04:51 AM   #6
Nergal
eBuchReisender

Ooops - that had a tiny little bug I had repaired on my installation but not in the released version. This is now repaired and it should now work as expected.

End of line 163 in dLetter/send+receive/rec_send.py needed a colon ':' )
Additionally little design issue has been improved, though this is not crucial.

Funny enough, no one complained, though it has been downloaded a few times. I hope you do not despair and think it is a wrong configuration of your client .

Sorry for any inconvinience.

Simply redownload and overwrite your installation. If you already have done some customizing, only overwrite the dLetter/send+receive/rec_send.py .

Last edited by Nergal; 06-08-2008 at 05:01 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
Nergal
eBuchReisender

A bug has been removed, not a major one, but some emails had a not foreseen datestructure. The last piece of information of that date-timestamp made dLetters receiving mechanism choke.

Has been fixed, same procedure as the post above. The concerned file is again rec_send.py.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:29 AM   #8
anares
anares began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Sorry, but the download link doesn't work. The actual link is:

http://static.urigal.net/medias/files/dLetter.tar.gz

Last edited by anares; 03-04-2009 at 06:32 AM.
anares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:41 AM   #9
Nergal
eBuchReisender

Hello Anares, thanks for correcting it. Recently I had to re-arrange my django-app contents, I had totally forgotten, that I had it hardlinked here.

It is fixed in the posts above.

Last edited by Nergal; 03-07-2009 at 02:45 AM.

Tags
email, python, smtp