Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 05:19 AM   #151
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exer View Post

... Might be common ...
Sometimes we get hoar frosts and hard rime frosts where I live too, and they certainly are beautiful to behold, particularly in sunlight. (Post #80 -> Image #9)

Quote:

... late morning sunrise ... why I'm happy to carry a camera around with me everywhere.
I love photos like that. I carry my camera around too, for the same reason. You never know when a great photo opportunity will present itself - great images like yours, to be captured and shared with others.

Last edited by boxcorner; 01-21-2011 at 06:22 AM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:35 AM   #152
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
This one a lot of people seem to be interested in how it happens. It is actually fog that has become frozen onto all the surfaces it has touched. Usually it happens when we have an early evening fog, followed by a very quick drop in temperatures. Doesn't seem to happen all that often, but I think it is very beautiful. Might be common, but I only lived in hot climates before moving here, so Alaska is the first I've ever seen it.
I think it's the most common form of snow and ice we seem to get here (it was white again this morning, glad I covered my windshield!)

But it does look gorgeous. Especially when the fog clears and the blue sky shows...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #153
mountain_lion
Addict
mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: fbreader, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
What about Aricebo?! I've always wanted to check it out.
For those amazing fans (SolRaven, Boxcorner and Desertblues) that asked for Arecibo's pictures, here they are:
First we have the "Observatorio" or "Radio Telescopio", have you ever watched the movie Golden Eye (James Bond)? well part of the movie was filmed there. The second one is "El Faro" the lighthouse... the place is beautiful! An the third one is a very nice view of the coast in Arecibo. We have many other places that I know you will enjoy...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	observatorio de arecibo.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	65206   Click image for larger version

Name:	faro arecibo.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	65207  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp arecibo beach.bmp (109.5 KB, 197 views)
mountain_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:42 AM   #154
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlioness View Post
USA's natural diversity is its most attractive feature for me. But on the other side, it's so diverse I wouldn't know where to go first

Can you actually swim there? Or is it too cold due to the ocean?
some people will swim in almost anything around here, it's quite amazing! surfers however where wet suits as it is just too cold further out to surf without some protection. there are some sheltered inlets that do manage to warm up fairly nicely in the summertime
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #155
sunlioness
Enthusiast
sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sunlioness , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS - 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Then you have to come here first - to the great Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia).
Done deal then

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
some people will swim in almost anything around here, it's quite amazing! surfers however where wet suits as it is just too cold further out to surf without some protection. there are some sheltered inlets that do manage to warm up fairly nicely in the summertime
Then it's definitely not for me. The Greek waters sometimes feel too cold to me, I'm a total wuss when it comes to the water temperature.

Quote:
Two more from Alaska, from last week.

This one a lot of people seem to be interested in how it happens. It is actually fog that has become frozen onto all the surfaces it has touched. Usually it happens when we have an early evening fog, followed by a very quick drop in temperatures. Doesn't seem to happen all that often, but I think it is very beautiful. Might be common, but I only lived in hot climates before moving here, so Alaska is the first I've ever seen it.

Here is just a late morning sunrise. I think the sun was just peeking over the mountains and lighting up my neighborhood. It was around 10 A.M., which is about normal sunrise time this stage of the year in Anchorage. Moments like this are why I'm happy to carry a camera around with me everywhere.

WOW, WOW, WOW! Beautiful pictures, thank you so much for sharing!
In that light your area seems almost enchanted... Amazing!
sunlioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #156
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650

Chapultepec castle in Mexico City. They say it's the only royal palace in America. Built in late 18th century, it was home of the military academy and later used as the imperial and presidential house until the 1930s. It was the site of the last battle in the USA-Mexico war. The very next day the American army occupied Mexico City. Now it's a museum.

Last edited by Falcao; 06-10-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote