Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #16
Happ
Enthusiast
Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Bebook
Thank you, Walter. Do you mean even with the biggest font is still sometimes not as big as you would like?
Happ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #17
jen6060
Connoisseur
jen6060 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 (given away); Sony prs300; Nook
yes i'm wondering what's happening too. why has bestbuy stopped selling? hope its temporary. i sent them an email but no reply. i got mine on ebay but i have feeling the sellers there have to order from irex themselves, some will tell you there is waiting period of 1-2 wks etc.
jen6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 12:05 AM   #18
walter822
happy reader
walter822 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, IrexDR800S, Pocketbook IQ/701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happ View Post
Thank you, Walter. Do you mean even with the biggest font is still sometimes not as big as you would like?
Even with larger, say medium letters, I meant, you have still quite a page to read before you turn to the next one...
walter822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:41 AM   #19
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
The medium size font is already very large. I think only someone with a severe eye handicap would use the large size. That is something I hope that can be changed. I think the sizes of the fonts should be adjusted downward. On calibre news feed even the small size looks quite big to me. The other sizes seem so big I have never used them yet. And I don't have 20/20 vision.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #20
Happ
Enthusiast
Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

The iRex shop replied finally, 2 days after my original email. They say they cannot ship to Brazil when I pay with a UK or other European card, which is exactly what I wanted to do. I am now considering alternatives.

Best Buy is still the same. Very strange.
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #21
Happ
Enthusiast

Does anyone know if Calibre recognizes iRex DR800? And does the iRex read HTML files and RTF or DOC? I find no official list of those files in the tech specifications, but on the other hand people seem to be able to read those formats. Thanks in advance!

Regarding my adventure: the thing is that although my credit card is linked to my new Brazilian address, the card is still from the UK. There lies the problem. I did not want to use my Brazilian credit card, but that is the only way to do it. Still, I am not buying until they have it in stock. I will keep you posted.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #22
JRG
JRG began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Quote:
Does anyone know if Calibre recognizes iRex DR800? And does the iRex read HTML files and RTF or DOC? I find no official list of those files in the tech specifications, but on the other hand people seem to be able to read those formats. Thanks in advance!

Regarding my adventure: the thing is that although my credit card is linked to my new Brazilian address, the card is still from the UK. There lies the problem. I did not want to use my Brazilian credit card, but that is the only way to do it. Still, I am not buying until they have it in stock. I will keep you posted.
Yes, calibre recognizes the DR800 just fine. I've downloaded lots of newspapers and books with calibre, and it puts them out on the DR800 with no fuss at all. Great tool!
JRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #23
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Can Calibre edit metadata directly on the DR800 device?
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote