Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
iPhone/iPod Touch Software 3.1.3 now out

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/02/02/iphon...3-1-3-now-out/

Quote:
Apple has upgraded the iPhone and iPod Touch software to version 3.1.3 which includes the following changes:
Improved accuracy of reported battery level on the iPhone 3GS
Resolves issue where third-party apps would not launch in some cases
Fixes a bug which may cause an app to crash when using the Japanese Kana keyboard.
Anyone had any troubles with it? It didn't secretly install a beta copy of iBooks, did it?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
"...PwnageTool and redsn0w are not yet compatible with 3.1.3...."

Not installing 3.1.3 until it's opened up. Doesn't seem like a must, anyway.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
"...PwnageTool and redsn0w are not yet compatible with 3.1.3...."
Not installing 3.1.3 until it's opened up. Doesn't seem like a must, anyway.
They seem pretty quick to respond to minor updates-probably won't be long.

here are the details from Apple:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4013
Old 02-03-2010, 12:17 AM   #4
LS650
Enthusiast
LS650 is on a distinguished road

Device: Android, Jetbook Lite
I have installed it. No issues, but I haven't seen any gains or improvements either. Apparently it's to close some security loopholes, and doesn't offer any new features.

It seems like a fairly large download. From beginning to end the entire download, installation, and restart of the iPod took about 10-12 minutes.

Last edited by LS650; 02-03-2010 at 12:46 PM.
LS650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:27 AM   #5
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS650 View Post
I have installed it. No issues, but I haven't seen any gains or improvements either.
Cool...mine is still installing...for some reason the download took a really long time-two more phones to go.
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
I lost all my data during installation. Now iTunes is restoring it from backup and it had 23GB worth of Apps, Audiobooks etc. I am worried about my Stanza books. Would it restore them or will I have to transfer all of them using Calibre? I hope I don't lose anything there. This is going to be a long procedure as I had quite a lot of stuff on my iPhone. Not happy with this development and keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that I don't lose anything during this restore. Luckily I had synced it only half an hour ago therefore everything should be in the backup folders. What about my alarms and reminders etc?
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi View Post
I lost all my data during installation. Now iTunes is restoring it from backup and it had 23GB worth of Apps, Audiobooks etc. I am worried about my Stanza books. Would it restore them or will I have to transfer all of them using Calibre? I hope I don't lose anything there. This is going to be a long procedure as I had quite a lot of stuff on my iPhone. Not happy with this development and keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that I don't lose anything during this restore. Luckily I had synced it only half an hour ago therefore everything should be in the backup folders. What about my alarms and reminders etc?
What's going on? Do we have to install? Is it automatic when we sync?
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
So far it is not automatic. You have to ask iTunes for the update. I am still syncing since this afternoon. Almost there though. Hopefully nothing is lost.
Just finished syncing and it took hours! Nothing is lost, phew! All my Stanza ebooks are still there, it opened at the page of Dorian Gray where I had stopped reading this morning, my Audiobook Hannibal: One Man Against Rome is also at the point where I left it after cooking the dinner last night!
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi View Post
Just finished syncing and it took hours! Nothing is lost, phew! All my Stanza ebooks are still there, it opened at the page of Dorian Gray where I had stopped reading this morning, my Audiobook Hannibal: One Man Against Rome is also at the point where I left it after cooking the dinner last night!
Great news! So, the iPhone backup thing is good for something after all! (besides the tedious backing up delay every time I plug in-I won't complain about it from now on )