Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 01:19 AM   #1
fictionfan
fictionfan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Anyone returned their nook?

I've got a nook thats shipping now, but I am seriously considering just returning it to a BN store. I've heard you have to enter your credit card info for each book......is this true?? I've ordered a Kindle 2 to compare them side by side to figure which I'd prefer, but if that is the case I may just not even open the nook.
Has anyone returned their unopened nook through a store....any problems?
fictionfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fictionfan View Post
I've got a nook thats shipping now, but I am seriously considering just returning it to a BN store. I've heard you have to enter your credit card info for each book......is this true?? I've ordered a Kindle 2 to compare them side by side to figure which I'd prefer, but if that is the case I may just not even open the nook.
Has anyone returned their unopened nook through a store....any problems?

My nook will be here tomorrow so I cannot say for sure, but the new B&N PC software prompts you for you name and cc number once and then opens every book that used that name and password.

It loaded books I bought at Fictionwise with a different cc number and prompted me once to enter it. It then also opened all books that I used that cc number on.

I would expect the nook to work the same way..
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
If you buy the books from the online store via the nook, then no you don't have the re-enter the credit card info for each book. Once you have authorized the nook for your account, it reads all books that you purchased just fine.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Instead of returning it, try listing it (unopened) on ebay or craigslist -- why would you send it back if there's a demand for it and you can make money off it?
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Instead of returning it, try listing it (unopened) on ebay or craigslist -- why would you send it back if there's a demand for it and you can make money off it?
The Nook is going for $350 plus on eBay right now with some close to $500
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert