Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-15-2004, 09:31 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
BookCrossing: Stray Books up for Adoption

Today I stumbled over BookCrossing. Part book club, part behavioral study, part note-in-a-bottle experience, BookCrossing encourages people to experience what it terms "the karma of literature" by registering books at the site and then depositing them in public places, like coffee shops, airplane seat pockets and park benches.

Has anyone of you actually tried if this really works? Somehow I would feel strange leaving my books behind in the wild...
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:12 AM   #2
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
I tried this for a little while, as I am constantly acquiring books, mostly free or cheap, and subsequently need to shed them. While it "works," in the context that your books get dispersed, I had no luck in getting anyone to log in and note that they had found my books. This was disappointing, and sort of defeated the purpose for me. However, I live in Atlanta, which is a big city, but not all that clever sometimes. it would probably work better in a more savvy town like Chicago or NYC...
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert