Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
Lili819
Lili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: MPB, iOS, Kindle PW
Question PW won't find any networks (just jailbroke)

First post!
First e-book reader too-

Since getting my new PW a few days ago, I unregistered it from my bf's Amazon acct (bought it through his acct) and have had it on Airplane Mode while setting up a small library (to test the system/etc). Have not registered it through my own Amazon acct.

I just jailbroke it using ixtab's jb.

I wan to sync my Calibre library to the Kindle Collections but realized I need to be registered and all that for that plugin to actually work. I attempted to find some hack that would enable me to fake register/get around that nonsense- but didn't find anything that might work except Nifty's hack... which is a bit much for my eyes atm.

So I resigned, made a fake Amazon acct and went to register it. But on trying to connect to the *multiple* Wifi networks, the PW won't find any network (and the buttons for "Other..." and "Rescan" are not enabled).

Airplane mode is off. I've restarted it several times.

Does this have something to do with jb?
I searched on Amazon and google, but the suggestions are just simple troubleshooting (ie, I know how to set up a wifi network tyvm).

Btw, Im American, but dont live in the States atm- so sending it back is really not an option.

Update: I reset the device, jb it again, and all is working fine. Anyone know what I can do in the future to fix this issue if it should pop up again? Reseting it isn't exactly ideal.

Last edited by Lili819; 06-12-2013 at 01:15 AM. Reason: formatting, update
Lili819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My guess would be that it was a software glitch (not necessarily due to the jailbreak) that was fixed by the reset. It could have been a temporary interference with your WiFi. A hardware problem isn't impossible, but seems unlikely.

I wouldn't worry too much about it re-glitching. Especially if you can leave it in airplane mode to prevent a firmware update messing with your jailbreak.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
Lili819
Lili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLili819 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: MPB, iOS, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
...I wouldn't worry too much about it re-glitching. Especially if you can leave it in airplane mode to prevent a firmware update messing with your jailbreak.
Thanks for the confidence

Hoepfully it doesn't happen again. There's no Amazon here to complain to :/ Ironic since I'm where they actually *make* the tablets.
Lili819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
Cykotitan
Enthusiast
Cykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 WiFi
I've had the WiFi daemon stop working for me once. But I was messing with the system's openssl libraries. Never happened again since that reset.
Cykotitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
issue, network, paperwhite, troubleshooting, wifi