Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #556
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
KindlePDFviewer for the K2/K3/KDX is the main branch of https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer, the version for KPW/KT is the new_ui_code branch in that repository. Github dropped support for "Downloads", so they are hosted at code.google.com.
Helpful! Thanks mate
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #557
renzokuk3n
renzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Okay let me check it on there now... ERRR. No.

I would recommend the Librerator fork for use on the 4. Let me dig that up.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198742

I use that on my 4.

thank you, at the first message of the link stated below, it is written that K4 is also supported, that s why i try to use it

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...40&postcount=5

ok than i will use librerator like before

thank you for your support.
renzokuk3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #558
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzokuk3n View Post

thank you, at the first message of the link stated below, it is written that K4 is also supported, that s why i try to use it

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...40&postcount=5

ok than i will use librerator like before

thank you for your support.
well... I think I will change that for now...

until it is more stable.

EDIT: DONE

SUPPORTS:
  • DX Yes ( All Revisions )
  • K3 Yes ( All Revisions )
  • K4 supposedly... but we recommend Librerator instead
  • Touch (SEE here FOR DETAILS)
  • PW (SEE here FOR DETAILS)

(it more or less says that now)

Last edited by twobob; 03-04-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #559
renzokuk3n
renzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Thank you, it is more explanatory for noobies like me
renzokuk3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #560
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
Sorry, I have no idea what you mean I did download from the link you posted though, and copied the kpdf folder under my Kindle's extension folder (was that wrong?)

The KPDF buttons showed up on KUAL so I thought I did it correctly (attaching screenshot).
You did the button correctly. I meant that the button and the KPV are two separate downloads (and copies to your kindle). The button goes in /mnt/us/extensions/kpdf while the KPV goes in /mnt/us/kindlepdfviewer (no .../extensions/... component). The KPV for the touch is a different download from the KPV for other kindles. BTW, here with KUAL I can start "KPV in documents folder" just fine, but "KPV open last document" usually doesn't do anything.
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #561
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
You did the button correctly. I meant that the button and the KPV are two separate downloads (and copies to your kindle). The button goes in /mnt/us/extensions/kpdf while the KPV goes in /mnt/us/kindlepdfviewer (no .../extensions/... component). The KPV for the touch is a different download from the KPV for other kindles. BTW, here with KUAL I can start "KPV in documents folder" just fine, but "KPV open last document" usually doesn't do anything.
same for me.

and the error does actually spit out if you run via SSH as I indicated : )

open in documents is the winner

Last edited by twobob; 03-04-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #562
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, now I understand why it did nothing when I clicked either button
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #563
twobob

hmm okay... open in documents works AFAIK.

glad you are happy
Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #564
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hmm okay... open in documents works AFAIK.

glad you are happy
From what stepk explained, it seems I only installed the buttons but not KPV. Unless I understood it wrong again?
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #565
twobob

yep... agreed. just indicating that even when you do...

In fact I will test that and document it

But yes.. that is what is meant by REQUIRED: as he said.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #566
twobob

Just want to thanks brianinmaine for his work on porting the DRAW APPLICATION across to KUAL.

I commend him and hope it paves the way for others to do the same.
Also EXTRA BROWNIE POINTS for indexing it himself!!!

RESPECT BRIAN! Superstar
Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 AM   #567
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Are nested menus possible for this version?
Quote:
no, they aren't.
I tend to agree to that, officially.

Unofficially? Yes nested menus are possible. At least on v0.3.2, have yet to install v0.4.0. and test there. A little feature in the parse-script that will circumvent showing of buttons if the referenced menu.json does not exist. Putting an absolute path into config.xml will do just fine - e.g. /mnt/us/extensions/menu.json. Now the sub-menu folder with everything that is needed can be mounted into /mnt/us/extensions with:
Code:
mount --bind /mnt/us/extensions/path/to/submenu /mnt/us/extensions
See how it can be a sub-directory? Beautiful, now you can restart KUAL and it only sees your submenu tree. Everything in menu.json works now as it sits in /mnt/us/extensions/menu.json and the hardcoded entry in config.xml is no longer skipped. To get out of the submenu you have to define a button that runs a shell-script with this:
Code:
umount -l /mnt/us/extensions
Notice the -l for "lazy" switch in umount? Important or it can't unmount as the dir is ironically busy by the script that tries to do the unmounting. Or alternatively run that script after each button press of the submenu, or a restart of Kindle will forget the temporary mount-binding.

Who said you can't hack functionality into KUAL?

Hopefully sometime soon there will be a native support for sub-menus.

Tested successfully on PW 5.3.3 with KUAL 0.3.2 and kterm running through KUAL.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #568
n3rd4i
n3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to behold

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard
I've tryied the new KiTerm <link to be provided but now i'm on kindle>. Well I think i will stuck with the latest myts release ver 8 because of 2 reasons:
- the KiTerm is fullscreen but has an isse that annoys me, sometimes the above bar with the kindle name appears...
- a more painfull bug is that the refresh rate of the terminal is sloower than the myts 8 one and its done differently. I've tryied MC on this terminal and I'm not impressed. The colors are awfull (the gradient i mean) and the MC is not fit to screen, there is aportion that you cannot see in the maximum left side.
Also the refresh rate is very slow and it can be observed doing basic operations. In MC the file naes are not refreshed correctly, but only when hover them with the selection screen...

Well the conclusion is that a unified candidate for kindle terminal is not this one from kindle keyboard side.
n3rd4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #569
n3rd4i
n3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to behold

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard
Also it is possible to make KUAL Client an configuration file to set some of the basic layout from the end user side like:
- the maximum number of buttons to appear as valid options, i see that the default number is 5, i would like a bigger number like >10 or even bigger.
- also i should have the option to configure some button sizes, to be smaller/bigger also depending of the total number of buttons that can be reprezented in that page
- also the posiblity to disable someof the buttons, and the result buttons text will be grayed out to signalise disable
- nested items already taken into consideration
- shortcut buttons for the buttons in the current previu, configurable maybe ?
- posibility to make custom scripts?

Edit:
- the next/prev page "big" buttons IMO should change the menu entry page ( rather than just go with 5-way joystik and make youre way to the wanted menus...)
just somethoughts

Last edited by n3rd4i; 03-06-2013 at 04:23 AM.
n3rd4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #570
twobob

let me read all that and get back to you... will edit this later.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified