Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 04:12 AM   #1
sogeking90
sogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo
If my brother gets a Glo, can we share our library?

I got my Kobo yesterday, and I am loving it. The stats, the Open Dyslexic font, the light, the customization. Only thing that I notice is that the battery life is pretty weak, dropping 10% very fast after a 5 hour charge?

Anyway my brother is thinking of buying one also, would we be able to share our books? Amazon allow family members to do this.
sogeking90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:13 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogeking90 View Post
I got my Kobo yesterday, and I am loving it. The stats, the Open Dyslexic font, the light, the customization. Only thing that I notice is that the battery life is pretty weak, dropping 10% very fast after a 5 hour charge?

Anyway my brother is thinking of buying one also, would we be able to share our books? Amazon allow family members to do this.
You would need to use the same Kobo account for both ereaders and the same email address for Adobe authorization. The Kobo terms state only the account holder has the license to use the materials. OTOH, I was assured that I could use multiple Kobos on the same account.

In regards to Amazon, they did shut down one user for sharing her Kindle with her family but that decision was later reversed.

For the battery life, try disabling wi-fi after you've used it.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
sogeking90
sogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipsesogeking90 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You would need to use the same Kobo account for both ereaders and the same email address for Adobe authorization. The Kobo terms state only the account holder has the license to use the materials. OTOH, I was assured that I could use multiple Kobos on the same account.

In regards to Amazon, they did shut down one user for sharing her Kindle with her family but that decision was later reversed.

For the battery life, try disabling wi-fi after you've used it.

Regards,
David
Okay thank you for the reply. I sure don't mind sharing my account with my brother. So he would simply log in to my account during setup and be able to sync the library to gain the books?
sogeking90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Okay thank you for the reply. I sure don't mind sharing my account with my brother. So he would simply log in to my account during setup and be able to sync the library to gain the books?
Correct. Any sync will copy all books bought from Kobo to both devices. And the reading position, annotations and shelves. The reading position could be a problem if you are both reading the same book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
Matth79
Zealot
Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
You would also be sharing bookmarks, so annoying if you both try to read the same book!
Matth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
and anything he purchases, get's charged to your account.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
You could consider using Calibre for managing your library. Your brother could use the same library. That way you could still use different Kobo-accounts. You could, however, not share drm-content that way, that is: not official.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote