Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
video type to copy to KF

I thought I read somewhere here that videos with .AVI could be copied to the Pictures folder to run. I have tried this, but it won't work. Neither did a .WMV. I tried searching, but found nothing.

Any other video extension work? What works best?

I also looked through the user manual, but as usual, it is pretty useless.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
I thought I read somewhere here that videos with .AVI could be copied to the Pictures folder to run. I have tried this, but it won't work. Neither did a .WMV. I tried searching, but found nothing.

Any other video extension work? What works best?

I also looked through the user manual, but as usual, it is pretty useless.
mp4 I believe is the supported format. You can get Moboplayer from 1Mobile and it will play about anything.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
mp4 I believe is the supported format. You can get Moboplayer from 1Mobile and it will play about anything.
Thanks, Blossom, the mp4 conversion did it, and it works perfectly.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's worth noting that AVI and MP4 (and I think WMV, too, maybe?) are all wrapper types that can have different encodings within in them. I.e, not all mp4 files are the same, and not all will play on all players.

Also, you might want to install a 3rd party player like moboplayer, which I believe has support for more video types than the default gallery player.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Yes moboplayer is what I use I play most formats without conversion even MKV files with embedded subtitles.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote