Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #31
menelic
Enthusiast
menelic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Andrey, thank you for your swift answer. Could you tell us a bit more about the note taking feature? You mentioned a virtual keyboard - will you provide a stylus for input that would also provide features such as underlining or marking text? do you have English and/or German firmware at this point in time? (That would be imortant to know for people who might consider ordering it directly from Ukraine) When do you plan to release the 302 in Germany?

thanks in advance
menelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #32
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
The firmware of the 360 supports German, English, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Russian and Hebrew, so I assume the 302 will at least support them as well.

There's no stylus, input is done by a virtual keyboard. I've go to take a look if highlighting text is possible.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #33
usagi_chan
Enthusiast
usagi_chan began at the beginning.

Device: Black Pocket Pro (my preciousss)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
Some words about availability:
we have active partners in Russia, Belorus, Moldova, Kazakhstan, Ukraine and Israel.
In Baltic countries we signed agreement and will start at nearest time. I think september-october.
Also in this year we plan to sale in USA (September), Germany (September), UK (October).

Today you can order PocketBook by e-mail we'll send it in any country.

About the place of topic. I sent a message to admins to open our individual branch.
No replies yet.

Something missed?
Thank you Andrey for all the information you gave us. I'm from Romania and I was interested if you have or plan to have partners here as well. It would be great to be able to actually see these devices.Also, how much would it cost the PocketBook 301 and 302?

Last edited by usagi_chan; 08-19-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: needed completing
usagi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #34
ctkierst
Enthusiast
ctkierst began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Pocketbook 360, Pocketbook IQ
Hm, I was planning on buying the Booken Opus, but the 360 looks sweet. Is
there folder support? I like being able to categorize my books. Somebody also
mentioned a cover being available, but I didn't see one listed in the product
description. Will this be a separate accessory?

Thanks!
ctkierst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #35
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctkierst View Post
Somebody also mentioned a cover being available, but I didn't see one listed in the product description.
The included plastic cover slides on the front to protect the screen, see the 1st two pictures (with and without the cover) in Post #14.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #36
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
cover

You can see some pictures of the cover in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48794

The text is in German though.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #37
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
You can see some pictures of the cover in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48794

The text is in German though.

Amy
I will translate the text and post it here asap. It has ben a long time test that I organised together with Forkosigan and that K-Thom wrote.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 09-09-2009 at 03:44 PM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #38
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctkierst View Post
Hm, I was planning on buying the Booken Opus, but the 360 looks sweet. Is
there folder support? I like being able to categorize my books. Somebody also
mentioned a cover being available, but I didn't see one listed in the product
description. Will this be a separate accessory?

Thanks!
Pocketbook supports folders, as well as allows sorting files, and copying and moving them through the menu on the device. Plastic cover to protect the screen is sold with the device, but you can soon buy additional cover different design or color. Leather Carrying Case is sold separately as an accessory.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #39
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
Pocketbook supports folders, as well as allows sorting files, and copying and moving them through the menu on the device. Plastic cover to protect the screen is sold with the device, but you can soon buy additional cover different design or color. Leather Carrying Case is sold separately as an accessory.
Does the pocketbook read the metadata of all the formats it supports to get the Title and Authorname for the menus? Or does it just display the folder name?

Can you specify how to sort the ebooks within each folder?

Thanks,
BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:20 AM   #40
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Hi Andrey,

I am completely taken with the ergonomics/design of the 360...but not the price. I love the cover. Given the current pricing of competing 5" devices what makes the 360 worth about US$100 more than a Sony PRS-300? Even the Astak 5" device, if you stick with black (or white if I you have to), are acceptable but only if their price drops to about US$150 from the current US$199.

For me I would find the 360 worth the US$300 price only if it had 3G, WiFi and a touch interface....but then there is the new iRex device with a Wacom touch interface that does not affect display contrast or clarity for about $399 and I expect that to drop sooner rather then later....for me it is a possible next reader.

Sooooo, I guess my question is, can you give us an idea if a more advanced 360 might be possible in the future. And I will say as much as I feel the current 360 is the perfect device design, it's US$100+ over what I feel a 5" reader should be given the competition.

There is another 5" reader that I sort of like as well, but forget it at this moment.

I really WANT your device as my small format reader...just as soon as the price is firmer (and it has to be a LOT lower) and the 360 has a bit of a history of well functioning production devices shipping out to customers.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:11 AM   #41
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Does the pocketbook read the metadata of all the formats it supports to get the Title and Authorname for the menus? Or does it just display the folder name?

Can you specify how to sort the ebooks within each folder?

Thanks,
BOb
Pocketbook understands metadaten almost all formats of buyout them have at the moment are not recognized metadaten only in PDF, but in the near Firmwareupdate buyout should appear within 1-2 weeks, this error will be dealt with.
That is to show the folder names, and they book with the title, author's name and series, and these three Characteristics, as well as on the date of the book can be sorted into folders. Folders also reap sort by name and date.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #42
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
for sale?

Is it offically forsale to US customers? Through an online store of some sort?

I have to agree I think the price is high, but it looks like an awesome device!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:25 AM   #43
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Hi Andrey,
Given the current pricing of competing 5" devices what makes the 360 worth about US$100 more than a Sony PRS-300?
I can guess that the price for the US marker can be lower than for Ukrainian market (at least, we have about 20% TAX, and you do not have it), so it is the possibility to lower the price to at least 240$.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #44
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
wow, a 20% tax...that is a bunch. I really want this reader if it lives up to expectations. And even $240 is a bit more than I want to spend for my small format reader and just knowing what I know so far I think spending $299 for a Sony 600 with a touch display might be a better value. But that is where the reviews come into play...and time in the hands of buyers.

Has a US distributor and reseller been named yet? I know it all takes time and I am not in a rush to buy anything yet.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #45
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
It seems you'll soon be able to buy PB360 in North America:
http://www.pocketbookreader.com/
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote