Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-27-2004, 08:31 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Project Wittenberg

I've just stumbled across a source of etext that you may not be aware of - Project Wittenberg
Yes, that's Project Wittenberg, not Gutenberg!

Unlike the massive collection of copyright-free general literature at Project Gutenberg, the Project Wittenberg collection is focused on Christian religous writings and started off with the writings of Martin Luther. Not surprising as it seems to be a Lutheran effort. In their own words...
Quote:
What is Project Wittenberg?

Project Wittenberg is an ad hoc group of individuals dedicated to posting on the internet a cross-section of classic and historic texts written by Lutherans. The project arose from the frustration felt by these librarians, archivists, scholars, pastors and others. A thorough search of the internet yielded few works by even Martin Luther, founder of Lutheranism, translator of the Bible, shaper of the German language, and a catalyst in the events that shaped the formation of modern western civilization.

Project Wittenberg began with documents written by Luther himself. The documents are selected for their importance to the development of western civilization, their interest to a wide audience and their value in bringing Luther to life for those who have not had the opportunity to meet him in the pages of history.
Can you imagine the wealth of resources online if more groups would form online libraries of their own favorite topics!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
To resurrect an old thread, just cuz it's pertinent to my question: In late 2000, I downloaded 3 Luther works for my Palm. I may or may not have gotten them from Project Wittenberg.

These are in DRM-free PalmDOC format, which the wiki says is translatable by mobi2html (or perhaps mobi2mobi, since mobi is what I want as an outcome). My installation of MobiPerl isn't cooperating right now. Anybody want to re-format these and add to your own upload count? I'm looking for a mobi version!
Attached Files
File Type: zip luther.ZIP (556.9 KB, 303 views)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
To resurrect an old thread, just cuz it's pertinent to my question: In late 2000, I downloaded 3 Luther works for my Palm. I may or may not have gotten them from Project Wittenberg.

These are in DRM-free PalmDOC format, which the wiki says is translatable by mobi2html (or perhaps mobi2mobi, since mobi is what I want as an outcome). My installation of MobiPerl isn't cooperating right now. Anybody want to re-format these and add to your own upload count? I'm looking for a mobi version!
Here are two of them for you (QD). the Galatians book source is not in the best of shape. I may have a better copy available but this one will need some more work than I have time for right now. Too bad the Kindle won't read PalmDOC as do all the other mobi readers.

Dale
Attached Files
File Type: prc 95theses.prc (23.7 KB, 335 views)
File Type: prc de_servo_arbitrio.prc (357.5 KB, 595 views)
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I decided that this was more fun than doing taxes. I grabbed the source files from the wittenberg site and built the Galatians commentary for you. It is pretty easy using MobiCreator. You will want to rename the file, I made a typo.

Enjoy,
Dale
Attached Files
File Type: prc Galations_Luther.prc (275.2 KB, 595 views)
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert