Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Sony figures out how to charge you for using a power outlet

"If you do regularly charge your devices in a public location for free, Sony may be about to ruin your day. It has developed a new power outlet that can identify who is connecting to it, and therefore allows for an individual to be charged for use.

The key to the intelligent outlet is the inclusion of an integrated circuit which communicates over the power line connection. It can check the identity of the device, and therefore the owner of that device before deciding what to do.

The main purpose seems to be controlling who can gain access to power. So it’s not surprising that Sony sees the tech being deployed in airports, restaurants, and anywhere a public power outlet exists. That’s not to say it can’t be used to help conserve energy too e.g. limiting power to certain types of device at different times of the day within a building."

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/...tlet-20120214/
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I can't see this scheme getting off the ground. It would depend on your device being willing to talk to the smart receptacle and pony up the cash, and I just can’t see gadget manufacturers being willing to include the necessary circuitry.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert