Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Supporting developer

I'd like to share some observations I made recently. First, I was astonished by the fact that author of orion viewer, who recently published very functional support for entourage edge, does not even seem to own the device -- his only device listed is nook. He was able to add support just from bits and pieces of information available on this forum.

Next, while clicking on links on the project page of Orion viewer, I stumbled upon this corner - Contributions, and specifically link to Donations at that page.

So it occurred to me that if like about 15 of us owners of edge would productively visit that page at like 10 dollars level, this developer might consider getting himself an actual piece of edge hardware, and thus will become much more intimately interested in creating better program for this platform.

I think mister kammerer already proved himself as very capable developer -- see this thread to find yourself what I mean. So, friends, if you follow my steps at the cited link, we might soon be treated to not just very competent, but basic reader. Just imagine all possible goodies that Orion viewer could acquire - like integration with dictionary, or with journal, I leave wilder fantasies to you.

Last edited by vldmr; 03-14-2012 at 11:29 PM.
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:43 AM   #2
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Funny, yesterday I already did precisely what you are suggesting, including the exact amount, in order to express my appreciation other than in words.
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
If he could work out a mapping for using an external keyboard with italian layout, me and some others may even send double that amount
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:45 AM   #4
T-virus
T-virus began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Can we all donate some money and get a developer to make android 3.2 or 4.0 work on EE? (CM9 would be perfect )
And also fix hibernate problem, annotation in landscape mode, ect?

I think if we all give hand we can make it.

T-virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-virus View Post
Can we all donate some money and get a developer to make android 3.2 or 4.0 work on EE? (CM9 would be perfect )
And also fix hibernate problem, annotation in landscape mode, ect?

I think if we all give hand we can make it.

Several big problems. Processor, video subsystem, memory allocation, integrating all the e-ink subsystems - although this has been worked on.

The first two are the main problems and would require a major re-write of the code to work - not the sort of thing one person does in their spare time.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
There'd be no need at all to have more than 2.3 on the edge
If you want more, you've choosen the wrong device for your needs. This is an advanced ereader with multimedia capabilities. Not primarily a tablet.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
teledyn
teledyn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
when I get to that link for the beta, I'm told the beta is deprecated and directed to the new release from just a few days ago, and it works beautifully, but it is on the lcd side, not the eink side, with no obvious way to switch it. I still like it as a viewer, but is there some trick to getting it over to the eink side? Or is it because I'm on a pocket edge?
teledyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by teledyn View Post
when I get to that link for the beta, I'm told the beta is deprecated and directed to the new release from just a few days ago, and it works beautifully, but it is on the lcd side, not the eink side, with no obvious way to switch it. I still like it as a viewer, but is there some trick to getting it over to the eink side? Or is it because I'm on a pocket edge?
Stay with the version that works.

There is always going to be a potential problem with updated apps - most of the hewer ones are unlikely to work on the edge for one reason or another.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote