Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #16
ThomasMc
Disgusted with LDBoblo
ThomasMc doesn't litterThomasMc doesn't litter

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
The nook cover in store really is overpriced in my opinion considering real leather notebooks with paper sell only $12 to $15, the cost of a non-leather nook cover without paper should be less.
I agree, the pricing is ridiculous, especially for the higher end ones.

I have faux-leather look vinyl "jr padfolio", which is just a fancy name for a cover for a 5x7 pad of paper. Only paid a few bucks for it. I plan to glue in some elastic and use it when I'm on vacation, and don't want a cover that draws attention to itself. Or I might pick up one with a zipper, and use that.
ThomasMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #17
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMc View Post
Got it today, and it works great, the Nook recognizes all 32GB.
OK, I got my 32GB from eBay also and the Nook recognized all 32GB and I was about to be wild until I saw some threads regarding fake capacity MicroSD selling on eBay and I ran some test and it turned out that my "32GB" card is only 2GB - it is deliberately hacked to show 32GB on my PC, and it took me several hours to copy about 28GB files to the card, the files uploaded were initially showing OK, but once you try to retrieve ALL the 28GB files uploaded, you will immediately notice many files (beyond its true capacity) are turning into 0byte entries, then I found I only have about 2GB - well, I paid only $25 so it was not that costly a lesson to learn - just wondering if you have tested your 32GB card by any chance, hope you didn't encounter such blatant spam.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #18
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
OK, I got my 32GB from eBay also and the Nook recognized all 32GB and I was about to be wild until I saw some threads regarding fake capacity MicroSD selling on eBay and I ran some test and it turned out that my "32GB" card is only 2GB - it is deliberately hacked to show 32GB on my PC, and it took me several hours to copy about 28GB files to the card, the files uploaded were initially showing OK, but once you try to retrieve ALL the 28GB files uploaded, you will immediately notice many files (beyond its true capacity) are turning into 0byte entries, then I found I only have about 2GB - well, I paid only $25 so it was not that costly a lesson to learn - just wondering if you have tested your 32GB card by any chance, hope you didn't encounter such blatant spam.
Oh that is evil! I would be pretty ticked if I bought something and it wasn't what I thought it was (deliberately).

I think if I buy a Nook I would have to soft root it for sure.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote