Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-08-2009, 06:24 AM   #1
KAM
KAM began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
How best to handle multiple edits to original text

Hi

When I import a document (RTF or HTML) in to Calibre it makes a new copy of that source document and uses that as the source for conversion.
If I intend making updates and edits to the document , is there a recommended way for ensuring the two sources stay in sync? Should I edit the original source, re-import it to Calibre, re-convert and re-download to my reader? Or what happens if I edit the 2nd source that Calibre created - is there any advantage? Or do I still need to do all the file and library management myself?

This is an issue that is introduced by Calibre - does it have a mechanism for resolving it?

Regards

Ken
KAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm not sure what you're asking here. If you're concerned about having two sources, delete the non calibre one and simply make whatever changes you want to the calibre sources. The re-run the conversions.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
KAM
KAM began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Doh! Oh course!

Don't sync two of them - throw one away! Why couldn't I see that?

Thanks

Ken
KAM is offline   Reply With Quote