Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
Oddemann
Oddemann began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocketbook Pro 903 (returned), ipad 3G
Dont buy pro 903

Hello

I just phurchased pro 903 an its really awful. The menu changes are slow and flickering. My mathematics books; all the graphs dissappear and the text is very bad. Also the unit is freezing itselves and i have to reset. Event the fonts on the calendar on the standard homepage is very poor!

Firmware was update, but same shit. Last official firmware was march 2011

STAY AWAY.

Regards
Odd
Oddemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Maybe you should have informed yourself better before buying?

What you report is neither unknown nor uncommon with E-Ink devices. Page updates take their time,and PDF support is poor.

You should go for some 10" Tablet like iPad or the likes...
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2011, 04:46 AM   #3
Oddemann

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Maybe you should have informed yourself better before buying?

What you report is neither unknown nor uncommon with E-Ink devices. Page updates take their time,and PDF support is poor.

You should go for some 10" Tablet like iPad or the likes...
Hello. you are wrong.

I purchased a Kindle DX Graphite and its excellent with PDF`s. It even has a free 3G connection. And i have an ipad, and its useless for books reading, and even more useless with pdf`s. I actually find the ipad useless for for to many things to defend its price.

Oddemann

Last edited by Oddemann; 10-15-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddemann View Post
I purchased a Kindle DX Graphite and its excellent with PDF`s. It even has a free 3G connection.
It depends on the PDF. I do have some which are poor and very slow (page turns) even on KDXG.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:09 AM   #5
Oddemann

Hello Sky!

I have about 50pdf`s on my DXG, some are 1200 page calculus books, and and others are 500 pages normal books. In none of mye pdfs did i have problem reading the text or the equations and graphs as i had with pro 903. You are correct that some of the pdf`s loads slowly, or that page changes takes time, but after starting to read a book and using the bookmark function i usually never have problems reading. With pro 903 it often freezed so i had to restart it, never has happened to the DXG. So DXG could be slow on som large pdf`s, but works and shows all info. Pro 903 freeze, has problems with scaling text and showing graphs.

And 903 is a more expensive than the DXG. And the DXG even has a free 3G connection.

Regards
Odd
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 03:41 AM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Hello Sky!

I have about 50pdf`s on my DXG, some are 1200 page calculus books, and and others are 500 pages normal books. In none of mye pdfs did i have problem reading the text or the equations and graphs as i had with pro 903. You are correct that some of the pdf`s loads slowly, or that page changes takes time, but after starting to read a book and using the bookmark function i usually never have problems reading. With pro 903 it often freezed so i had to restart it, never has happened to the DXG. So DXG could be slow on som large pdf`s, but works and shows all info. Pro 903 freeze, has problems with scaling text and showing graphs.

And 903 is a more expensive than the DXG. And the DXG even has a free 3G connection.

Regards
Odd
Hi Oddeman,

I am glad you are enjoying your DGX, and long may it last! Of course many things make for how much you like your device, and in the end it may come down to a matter of personal taste, but I do have to wonder whether there was a problme with your particulr 903. I have had mine for almost a year now, and it never froze once (actually, it did once while I tried to stop the upgrading of the firmware). I also have loads of papers and books with plenty of formulas and graphs, and again I never had problems displaying any of them, not one single time.

I am of course not disputing that you have had problems, only I would like to clarify for those who read these pages wondering whether or not they should buy the device that the behaviour of your 903 is definitely not standard.

There are many many things that irk me about Pockebook-the-firm, and I know that I am in good company , but this in a sense testifies to the fact that if the device weren't any good, you wouldn't have so many people still sticking to them
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:27 AM   #7
Oddemann

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Hi Oddeman,

I am glad you are enjoying your DGX, and long may it last! Of course many things make for how much you like your device, and in the end it may come down to a matter of personal taste, but I do have to wonder whether there was a problme with your particulr 903. I have had mine for almost a year now, and it never froze once (actually, it did once while I tried to stop the upgrading of the firmware). I also have loads of papers and books with plenty of formulas and graphs, and again I never had problems displaying any of them, not one single time.

I am of course not disputing that you have had problems, only I would like to clarify for those who read these pages wondering whether or not they should buy the device that the behaviour of your 903 is definitely not standard.

There are many many things that irk me about Pockebook-the-firm, and I know that I am in good company , but this in a sense testifies to the fact that if the device weren't any good, you wouldn't have so many people still sticking to them
Hello, probably then my unit where bad, because it seemed impossible for me to sell something like that :-)

Regards
Oddemann
Old 10-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
surax
surax began at the beginning.

Device: pro-903
Quote:
Hello, probably then my unit where bad, because it seemed impossible for me to sell something like that :-)

Regards
Oddemann
I agree with Paola.

I have the DR1000s., The M90 boox Onyx, Pearl screen, and the 903 Pro. The best and most complete is the Pro 903
surax is offline   Reply With Quote