Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
jessicalynn
Zealot
jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook First Gen (broken), iPad, Kindle Touch SO
new to nook and the forum

Hello all. I purchased a nook at the beginning of this week, and I must say, I love it!! When e-readers first came out I thought it was a great idea, but I wanted to wait for the price to drop and for bugs to get worked out. Now seemed like a great time to buy!

So I just have a few questions. Is there a way to back up my nook library, or does barnes and noble do it for you? So for instance, if my nook was stolen or broken and I had to get a new one, how would I be able to download books I already purchased onto the new machine?
Thanks!
jessicalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Welcome

B&N does keep a copy for you on their servers, but I'd never trust a retailer as my only source of backup. It's definitely a good idea to keep your own separate backups as well. You could copy your books off of the nook to back them up or use the B&N desktop software to do it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
jessicalynn
Zealot
jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook First Gen (broken), iPad, Kindle Touch SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Welcome

B&N does keep a copy for you on their servers, but I'd never trust a retailer as my only source of backup. It's definitely a good idea to keep your own separate backups as well. You could copy your books off of the nook to back them up or use the B&N desktop software to do it.
Thanks for the welcome! Sorry if I'm a little dense, but what do I copy my books onto? My computer using the usb cord from the nook? one of those memory card thingys? I'm not very techy. :P
jessicalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
tanzer21
tanzer21 began at the beginning.

Device: Microsoft Reader
I just got my nook as well, haven't played with it too much, but you can download using the wifi your books from b&n directly onto your nook or, if you don't have a wifi connection you can plug your USB into your home comp and it will popup a list of folders and you just move your ebook/epub file into the "my documents" folder and unplug and voila...there it will be
tanzer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
KingDani
Zealot
KingDani began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s,Gigabyte U60 UMPC, SmartQ v7,EKEN M001
can i add 2 more questions to your thread?
1. does nook views PDF files as well? like normal articles and papers? does it need to be rooted and costum ROM installed?
2. is there any way of installing apk files on it?
cheers
KingDani is offline   Reply With Quote