Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #26536
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Just water.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #26537
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
More sencha with my lunch. A veggie egg roll, some rice, and veg
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #26538
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Fresh squeezed orange juice. Murchie's Russian Caravan brewing...
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #26539
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Coffee in my cup and making waffles.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #26540
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Fresh squeezed orange juice. Murchie's Russian Caravan brewing...
OJ is gone, Russian Caravan mug is empty.

Fog is still here. Time for Lapsang Souchong
Advert
Old 10-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #26541
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Clouds so swift
Rain won't lift
Gate won't close
Railings froze
Get your mind off wintertime
You ain't goin nowhere
Whoo-ee ride me high
Tomorrow's the day
My bride's gonna come
Oh, Oh are we gonna fly
Down in the easy chair

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipGgaH2EJNU )

Good morning, everyone! Fog is so dense this morning I can just barely see the houses a block away! 22 degrees... chilly. Gentle rain falling... so different from the Rainy Season downpours. It's a good morning for McNultey's extra smokey Lapsang Souchong tea, and perhaps some really strong northern Thai sausage. I like this weather!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:51 AM   #26542
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Yup, that's the kind of fog we had today. I couldn't see across the street, much less down into town. So, Lapsang Souchong, obviously. This the tag end of the Peet's version of it.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #26543
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Sounds yummy! What variety are you brewing?
I'm not sure what to answer to that. The ingredients are pretty standard: 2x1.5 kg of stout extract, 0.5 kg dark spraymalt, 0.5 kg crystal malt, 0.25 kg black patent malt, 30g cascade hop pellets. Despite only using an ounce of hops and that during the boil, it tastes a bit hoppier than your typical stout. Maybe they hop the extract, too.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #26544
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero in my cup. The fog from this morning has just lifted.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #26545
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Sumatra coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #26546
CRussel
(he/him/his)

English Breakfast tea, to go with my newly download DI Frost book. I so hope the new author can come close to R. D. Wingfield's versions.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #26547
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I'm not sure what to answer to that. The ingredients are pretty standard: 2x1.5 kg of stout extract, 0.5 kg dark spraymalt, 0.5 kg crystal malt, 0.25 kg black patent malt, 30g cascade hop pellets. Despite only using an ounce of hops and that during the boil, it tastes a bit hoppier than your typical stout. Maybe they hop the extract, too.
Sounds like a nice, dark stout .... but I agree ... you don't expect a stout to be very hoppy - the malt should be the overpowering note ...
I wondered if you had ventured into a chocolate stout ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #26548
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Sipping chocolate from Trader Joe's
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #26549
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Sounds like a nice, dark stout .... but I agree ... you don't expect a stout to be very hoppy - the malt should be the overpowering note ...
I wondered if you had ventured into a chocolate stout ...
Occasionally I replace the 0.5kg of spraymalt with a 1.5kg can of dark extract. That makes it close to a chocolate stout in flavour, and kicks the alcohol level up quite a bit. Tasty and potent; can't be beat!
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #26550
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
There were three men came out of the west, their fortunes for to try
And these three men made a solemn vow
John Barleycorn must die
They've plowed, they've sown, they've harrowed him in
Threw clods upon his head
And these three men made a solemn vow
John Barleycorn was dead

They've let him lie for a very long time, 'til the rains from heaven did fall
And little Sir John sprung up his head and so amazed them all
They've let him stand 'til Midsummer's Day 'til he looked both pale and wan
And little Sir John's grown a long long beard and so become a man
They've hired men with their scythes so sharp to cut him off at the knee
They've rolled him and tied him by the way, serving him most barbarously
They've hired men with their sharp pitchforks who've pricked him to the heart
And the loader he has served him worse than that
For he's bound him to the cart

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8878...dm_e7Q&index=1 )

Not only an amazing song, but also a wonderful arrangement! And so easy to play! Yippee!

Good morning, everyone! Rain's almost stopped... lots of flooding in the lower areas around the Ping River. People are throwing fishing nets in the middle of some streets! When Nature hands the Thais lemons, they smile and make lemonade. No lemons for me today though. I have East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea in my cup, an early morning bowl of Pad Phet Keng Gai, and mango and sticky rice with coconut milk! Can't think of a better way to start the day! Lots to do today, but it's all fun... A few hours of music practice, a few hours of reading, a few hours of meditation, a few hours of walking... I need a 'Day Stretcher.'

And all this to celebrate my 10,000th post in MobileRead!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?