Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
Smile looking for BING plus no tax for prs 600

know a vendor? im waiting. not going to pay 8 percent tax in my state. and bing is great. if i get paid.

dont see on newegg, amazon, yet.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:40 AM   #2
Jer
Jer doesn't litterJer doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-600
Amazon won't sell any other companies readers. It's' bad for business. You might give buy.com a try, they probably won't have any for a week or two though.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 04:42 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Amazon won't sell any other companies readers. It's' bad for business.
I beg your pardon? Try typing "Sony Reader" into the search box at Amazon .

Amazon sell numerous different brands of eBook reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:19 AM   #4
bsg75
bsg75 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 (?)
Crutchfield has a $20 off coupon and no tax for most. So $279. Bing probably won't give a higher percentage than that.
bsg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

thanks i will keep looking and look at crutchfield.
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
know a vendor? im waiting. not going to pay 8 percent tax in my state. and bing is great. if i get paid.

dont see on newegg, amazon, yet.
If you buy out of your state and have it shipped you won't have to pay tax, which is why I ordered mine from Crutchfield (VA based company) instead of picking it up from SonyStyle which is 5 min. from my house.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #7
Jer
Jer doesn't litterJer doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I beg your pardon? Try typing "Sony Reader" into the search box at Amazon .

Amazon sell numerous different brands of eBook reader.
Nah, Amazon Marketplace sells multiple Sony Readers, but you can't get them from Amazon directly. As to the Marketplace, I prefer shopping from Ebay over the majority of the marketplace vendors.

By my statement, 'you can't get a reader from Amazon', I meant you can't get any from them that apply to the prime shipping or that come from an actual Amazon warehouse.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:43 PM   #8
freecia
Enthusiast
freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 3 3g+wifi, kindle 2, kindle 1
I've seen the PRS-300 from DataViz on eBay. Combined with the going rate of 10% on Bing cashback (xbox is a popular search term), it might get you a little more off than $20 for the PRS-600. The cashback rate does fluctuate, though.
freecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #9
oncdoc
Addict

my budget i want this in the mid 200's if possibl;e
Old 09-04-2009, 01:06 AM   #10
Dragon_Well
Enthusiast
Dragon_Well began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ-reader, Sony PRS-600
Silver PRS600 is up on newegg - no tax + $5 three-day shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...abStoreType=10
Dragon_Well is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:03 AM   #11
oncdoc
Addict

darn, black would have been nice.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #12
love_guru
love_guru began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg75 View Post
Crutchfield has a $20 off coupon and no tax for most. So $279. Bing probably won't give a higher percentage than that.
Another vote for Crutchfield. The $20 'Refer-A-Friend' discount codes can be found at Retailmenot.com. Search for Crutchfield.
love_guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:30 AM   #13
oncdoc
Addict

anyone able to come up with a combo to get the price less than 250. thats my trigger finger point..
Old 09-18-2009, 01:29 AM   #14
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I ordered my PRS-300 passing through Bing to Ebay-- 8 percent off (at the time-- Bing Ebay discounts vary-- too bad I didn't buy at a 15 percent period.) Found an authorized retailer selling them for $199 and $5 UPS shipping, no sales tax. Bing cashback will be $16 when it arrives-- so $190 total for my Pocket. I see that there are authorized dealers selling the Touch for $299 with free shipping, so 8 percent off that would make it $279.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #15
oncdoc
Addict

anyone get this let than 250 dollars let me know.