Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-27-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
cjp
Zealot
cjp began at the beginning.

Device: HP Slate 500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3G+Wi-Fi, Droid
Sony accidental insurance vs. others

I am giving a Sony PRS505 as a gift. I thought I'd get it from Sony because they offer a 2-year accidental protection plan ($54 but $40 off if I purchase an accessory.)
Has anyone ever filed a claim and how did it work out? (I just cannot see my husband going 2 years without some kind of mishap - thus the accident insurance.)

I also checked out B&H, and see that they offer (1) the Sony for $30 less, and (2) SageMax Protection Plan for $27. It seems to be covering accidental coverage. Does anyone know anything about this group/plan?
cjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Check your house contents insurance. Here in the UK, at least, it generally covers accidental damage to things like eBook readers, and "outside the house" cover can be added for a small additional premium.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
I bought the Sony accident coverage plan for the PRS-500 that I had but never needed to use it over the year of ownership. When I upgraded to the 505, I bought the 3yr accident warranty.

From what I understand, if you break the screen -- you will get a new screen installed for no charge. After that incident, the warranty is NO LONGER VALID. It is a one time replacement deal.

So -- check the other insurance programs to determine if they are like the one from Sony or just cover repairs outside of the screen.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote