Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-02-2012, 02:58 AM   #76
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
I find your vague accusation distasteful.
Whereas you calling people "total dicks" is, of course, in the best possible taste
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #77
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Anyway. It's a good reminder to download all the books you buy and keep a copy of them on one device or another.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #78
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
People often come here for the first time when they search the net for a problem they are having. MR comes up very high in search results for matters concerning ebooks, Kindle, and similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
MR is a *very* high visibility site.
When you search for something on Google and MR does have the info, the link here is among the very first results. So I can imagine that when you search for Closed Amazon Account, MR is among top results. Combine this with nice atmosphere here and the fact that most comments are written in good English in a cultured manner [when compared to many other sites ;-)].

This high Google ranking reflects the fact that MR is very friendly place with lots of competent people to answer questions about e-books and e-book readers. MR is also very often linked to from other sites, which helps with Google ranking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
This is very true. I have often joined a forum simply because of a problem I haven't been able to resolve and want to ask a specific question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
What do you mean, you find it interesting that..? Are you suggesting they vampires or flesh-eating zombies? Spit it out. I find your vague accusation distasteful.
I guess I was struggling to understand why, if there is a trend at Amazon to shoot first, and ask questions later - why long term MR kindle users weren't reporting occurances. ...however, these are very fair points - my apologies to the OP...
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #79
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
I'm confused on why people wouldn't trust the OP. Maybe I haven't had as much forum experience as others, but what would the poster have to gain by complaining about Amazon and it not being true?

Out of curiosity, what was the original thread that he people have talked about? Was that one verified as being faked?
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #80
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkyfork View Post
I'm confused on why people wouldn't trust the OP. Maybe I haven't had as much forum experience as others, but what would the poster have to gain by complaining about Amazon and it not being true?

Out of curiosity, what was the original thread that he people have talked about? Was that one verified as being faked?
I think it's that there have been a few of these threads, and in at least some cases, critical reasons why people might have been banned have been left out even after repeated inquiries . So when a new one pops up, and given the fact that Amazon really doesn't want to stop people from spending money at Amazon, people assume something has been left out.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #81
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:

It may be someone who holds a grudge against Amazon for some (deserved or undeserved) reason. However farfetched, it could be someone working for a competitor. I am not saying that it is, we don't know enough to pass "final judgement". There is, of course, even for people with an honest problem, a tendency to leave out a few details that might represent that person's claim in a less favorable light when posting in a forum like this. Most evident in the first thread, were those details slowly came out one by one later, only.

Also, it is quite obvious that the vast majority here has nothing like good experiences with Amazon, so that alone makes it difficult to immediately take everything written in these two threads at face value. That doesn't mean that I am saying that the OP is a liar, it just means that I am little skeptical and could be convinced either way with more information.

We shouldn't just give the OP, we should also give Amazon the benefit of the doubt. At least those of us who have been treated well on many occasions.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #82
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I'm confused on why people wouldn't trust the OP.
Because one should never TRUST an anonymous poster on a public Internet forum, ever, period.

Also, discussing the possibities is WAY more interesting that just posting "So sorry, poor dear. "
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #83
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Because Amazon has made mistakes in the past but normally there is far more to the story then what we are told.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote