Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-11-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
Cpt. Tim
Cpt. Tim began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
whats the reader made out of?

I've had mine since april and i still can't figure it out. Is it metal? Its it plastic with a metallic paint coat?

Are the sidebars metal? I have one or two tiny chips in the chrome near the power slider and underneath is black, but i can't tell if its plastic, or dark metal?

I've been doing hardcover book protectors for a bit, and i've been thinking about steampunking my reader, but i want to know a bit more about it before i do.
I was thinking a copper coat of paint, some faux rivets, maybe some gears on the outside scavenged from broken watches. Nothing thats going to stick off it crazy far, because i don't want the mods breaking off, and i don't want to mess with the slim profile. Just something to get people wondering what the hell that thing is (not that i don't get asked that enough as is.)
Cpt. Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"Sugar and spice and all things nice"?

The case itself is metal (aluminium, I believe). The sidebars are plastic, coated with chrome. The screen is a hard plastic.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
...and a delicious, chewy nougat center.
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:54 PM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
...and a delicious, chewy nougat center.

You might get a shock to chew on that one!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #5
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Yeah, we need a "How it's made" for the Sony Reader! Also, the question on my mind "will it blend?" I know the iPhone does.... :P
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert