Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Book Details Window Problem

After upgrading to latest version of Calibre when I open the Book Details Window the window jumps to top of desktop making it impossible to close the window.
I have to exit Calibre because the x button on the Book details is inaccessible and there's no way to move the window.

Is anyone else having this problem or did I mess something up? Is there something I can reset or edit to fix this?

I'm on a desktop with Vista 64 with Desktop Resolution 1600 x 900
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Odd, you should be able to press Esc to close the window. If you can post a screenshot of it, it might give me a clue as to why it's happening
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks I didn't know about the Escape button!

Update:
Okay this is odd if I move the Calibre window to the bottom of the screen then open the Book Details Window the X is still visible however if I move the Calibre window to the middle of the screen then open Book Details the X in the Book Details window is cut off and esc is the only way to close it.

If I move Calibre to the top of the screen then open Book Details the top of the window, the title bar, title of book and some of the details are cut off as well.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-05-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is this something new that's started happening?
Old 11-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Yes It started with today's Calibre update. Before I had no problems with window position. It seems to cut off worse with libraries that use Custom Columns. It doesn't matter where the task bar is I've tried it with up, down, side it still does it.

Update: I downgraded back to previous version 0.7.26 and it works like it should again.
I also notice the Book Details window and covers are the normal size that I remember them always being. In the new version Book details window was huge and the covers were gigantic. I also couldn't resize the Book Details window like I can in 0.7.26
In the new version I can only resize the width part of the window but nothing else would bulge.
I really didn't notice how huge of a change it was till I downgraded.

I've attach a screenshot of the old version now so you can see the difference in size.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cal.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	60704   Click image for larger version

Name:	oldv.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	60710  

Last edited by Blossom; 11-06-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Advert
Old 11-06-2010, 03:45 AM   #6
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
I just now upgraded and began having the same problem. Even by using the Control menu (Alt-Space) and using Move and/or Size, the window is just uncontrollable. I cannot place it or size it -- the size extends beyond the limits of my screen. And yes, I can Esc out of it, but it's developed a life of its own.
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:09 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Under the Covers View Post
I just now upgraded and began having the same problem. Even by using the Control menu (Alt-Space) and using Move and/or Size, the window is just uncontrollable. I cannot place it or size it -- the size extends beyond the limits of my screen. And yes, I can Esc out of it, but it's developed a life of its own.
The OP reports
Quote:
I'm on a desktop with Vista 64 with Desktop Resolution 1600 x 900
Does this also describe your system?

@Kovid - For the record I'm running Windows XP sp3, calibre version 0.7.27 and I can't duplicate this problem. If I put the task bar at the top with auto-hide I can come close to hiding the X box behind the task bar.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It's something specific to Vista/7, fix will be in the next release.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It's something specific to Vista/7, fix will be in the next release.
I should have stated that I run XP SP3. My screen resolution is set to 1024x768, in case that's somehow related, since the window is too big for the screen, with the title bar above the top edge.
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
solitaire
Connoisseur
solitaire began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Galaxy S5
I am running on Win 7 64 bit with 2560 X 1600 resolution and I have no issues with the windows placement. Calibre version 0.7.27.
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

As I said the fix will be in the next release, in the emantime if you open the window, you can close it with the Esc key.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:45 AM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I just upgraded to 0.7.28 and wanted to confirm the Book Details Window Size/Resize problem is defaintly fixed!