Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2024, 10:09 AM   #1
Greg001
Greg001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo/Boox
Resetting Reading Stats

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and have been perusing the topics, but haven't found a solution to the issue of resetting readng stats on the Kobo Elipsa 2E; any suggestions?

Thanks

Greg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 04:09 PM   #2
Aleron Ives
Guru
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Log out of your account, and it will factory reset your device, thus deleting all the reading statistics. There is no option to delete the statistics by themselves.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2024, 09:04 AM   #3
Greg001
Greg001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo/Boox
Hmmm that was pretty pointless...

I logged out and logged back in and thankfully my 197 ebooks were still there but all my folders in the collection files were wiped out and I had to spend over an hour reorganizing them one by one, often clicking on them to check the ebook which made x% read reappear again in the stats...

Kobo please add a "Reading Stats Reset" button to your readers thank you
Greg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 04:43 PM   #4
Aleron Ives
Guru
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
What did you expect from a factory reset? It resets everything, including the reading statistics. You could also just not look at the Activity page, and then it's the same as not having reading statistics if you never see them.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 03:48 PM   #5
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I am still using firmware 4.37.21533 and the following works for me with regards to reading time (though not percentage of books read), but I cannot guarantee that it will work for everyone, nor that it works with 4.38.21908.

Under Settings > Energy saving and privacy go to the second page and under the heading HELP IMPROVE OUR APP check to see if there is the option Automatically share data about the features you use:. If there is then toggle the check mark from (on to off, if the check mark is already there, then from) off to on then back to off, and leave the check box unticked, this should reset the reading statistics.

If you do not see the option Automatically share data about the features you use: then you will have to edit Kobo eReader.conf and in the section headed [OneStoreServices] either delete or put a # at the beginning of the line kobo_privacyCentre_url=https://www.kobo.com/privacy. After rebooting your Kobo the above option should return and you will be able to reset the reading statistics as shown above.

Note that syncing or updating the firmware may see the line kobo_privacyCentre_url=https://www.kobo.com/privacy reinstated, so keep Wi-Fi and automatic syncing switched off unless you need to update or download something. If the line does reappear in Kobo eReader.conf just edit it out again.

Re. editing Kobo eReader.conf, check out the first section of https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...ration_Options if you are unfamiliar with the process. Remember, if you are using Windows do not use Notepad to edit the file, use WordPad instead.

P.S. Re-reading your post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg001 View Post
... which made x% read reappear again in the stats...
If you want to reset the percentage read of an individual book long press the book from the Home page or a collection view and choose either Mark as unread or Mark as finished but note that doing so will lose your place in the book.

Last edited by Alastair_S; 01-30-2024 at 04:01 PM.
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2024, 11:00 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Hmmm that was pretty pointless...

I logged out and logged back in and thankfully my 197 ebooks were still there but all my folders in the collection files were wiped out and I had to spend over an hour reorganizing them one by one, often clicking on them to check the ebook which made x% read reappear again in the stats...

Kobo please add a "Reading Stats Reset" button to your readers thank you
If you were using calibre to side load, you could have just reconnected your Kobo to your calibre library and your collections and series info would have been automatically been recreated. No problem at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 09:22 AM   #7
katinka
Enthusiast
katinka began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and have been perusing the topics, but haven't found a solution to the issue of resetting readng stats on the Kobo Elipsa 2E; any suggestions?

Thanks

Been having the same problem. I ended up reverting to an earlier firmware, until I got back the feedback- box under energysaving and integrity menu. Really bugs me, having to live with fixed bugs just to be able to control my stats.
katinka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reading stats