Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Apple Updates iOS to 6.1

New update now available

Apple Updates iOS to 6.1
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Cheeky1
A Happy Pelican
Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPhone 5s, Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7
JB is expected to be released Sunday for models! Weeeeeeeeeee!
Cheeky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Downloaded and installed, noticed nothing different. Just bug fixes I think
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Looks like it mostly just added LTE support. Since I have a WiFi only iPad3 and iPod touch 5 it won't be much of an upgrade.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 AM   #5
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Just found it on my iPhone this morning, but I may wait a few days to upgrade for safety. It's a bit annoying that I don't get a say whether I want to download the upgrade or not.

I do hope that this upgrade will end the game center harassment. I had to register to the damn thing to get rid of endless error messages, and now it welcomes me back every single time I open a game app, just to rub it in. Leave me alone, Apple!
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:01 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I tried upgrading my iPt4 via OTA and it didn't work. So I did it the old fashioned way and hooked it up to my PC. How quaint.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeky1 View Post
JB is expected to be released Sunday for models! Weeeeeeeeeee!
I AM SO EXCITED!!!!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
Faterson
pokrıvač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
The list of iOS 6.1 changes can be seen here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_6#6.1

I'm still an iOS 5 user and I was taken aback to discover in the above list that iOS 6.0 apparently made it impossible for iTunes Match users to download individual songs. Well, I can only say that makes me so much gladder I never upgraded to iOS 6.0, because I use that particular iTunes Match feature pretty frequently.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #9
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Good news Faterson!

Version 6.1: "iTunes Match Subscribers can now download individual songs from iCloud."

That doesn't help you with your Stanza issue....but 1.2 should be released "any day now" so you can upgrade!!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #10
Faterson
pokrıvač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right, on the iPad, I can upgrade now. The iPhone will need to stay on iOS 5.1.1 for the foreseeable future, so that Stanza runs reasonably well on it. As soon as Marvin for iPhone is available, I'll move on to iOS 6.x on the iPhone, too.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #11
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Upgraded on iPad first to check how Stanza would go. Everything working same as in 6.0.x - that is, partial settings only. So I upgraded the phone, too. Sadly, my phone was purchased when the OS was at 6 already, so I have no option to downgrade to 5.1.1 which I would love to do. ah well. ya pays ya money and makes ya choices as someone said, once. So, I'm still using Stanza. Hopefully the first Marvin iphone version wont be tooo far away
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #12
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I upgraded both my ipad and iPod OTA on Monday night. Nothing in the update for me but at least it was quick.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #13
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
The list of iOS 6.1 changes can be seen here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_6#6.1

I'm still an iOS 5 user and I was taken aback to discover in the above list that iOS 6.0 apparently made it impossible for iTunes Match users to download individual songs. Well, I can only say that makes me so much gladder I never upgraded to iOS 6.0, because I use that particular iTunes Match feature pretty frequently.
Thanks for the link. The list includes "Wi-Fi Signal intensity improved", I hope that means wifi reception is improved because I have a very unstable and weak wifi where I live at the moment.

Nothing about the game center. I suspect that Apple considers it a "feature" that you can no longer opt out of the thing. Bummer.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #14
Faterson
pokrıvač škridiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Thanks for the link. The list includes "Wi-Fi Signal intensity improved", I hope that means wifi reception is improved because I have a very unstable and weak wifi where I live at the moment.
Are you very far away from your WiFi router? If the 3G/4G signal is too weak where one lives, there's not much a regular user can do to improve the situation. But for WiFi, it should be possible to move your WiFi router closer to where you most frequently use your wireless devices. I can't say I have noted any significant issues with WiFi reception on any of the iDevices, as long as they are reasonably close to the WiFi router (does not have to be in the same room). It's also possible to exchange WiFi routers, and get one with a stronger signal (within reasonable limits and respecting one's neighbours, of course).
Old 01-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #15
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
I have good WiFi access on both my iPhones and my iPad Mini from 4 rooms away, in a cavity brick home, with brick partition walls in between.

I've always been impressed by that! I must check to see what difference the upgrade has made.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote