Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #1
Branch Delay
Connoisseur
Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Development testing

Please PM me if you have a PW3 and are willing to run a few tests for me. Preferable if you are mildly technical.

Branch Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:32 PM   #2
krueger
krueger began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
I have PW3 and can do some tests.
krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:42 PM   #3
eeeee
eee!
eeeee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3 White
Dont know if this is still active, but worth a try.

I will receive it in a few days (probably on the 20th). Was shipped to Austria. I read all of the important threads by NiLuJe, knc1 and especially you. I can program Java and know my way around a console. I got the PW3 really cheap so i dont mind sacrificing it for science. I just hope i get it with a 5.6.5 fw.
eeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:52 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=262358

= = = =

Although this thread is left over from the testing of the software jail break (which is now completed).
The above link applies to **any** 6th or 7th (or 8th?) generation device still in the box from Amazon.

Note:
We are still waiting to hear from the second person to order an Oasis.
Someone willing to capture an image of the USB user storage area as-shipped by Amazon.

Last edited by knc1; 06-15-2016 at 08:56 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:47 AM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
We are still waiting to hear from the second person to order an Oasis.
Someone willing to capture an image of the USB user storage area as-shipped by Amazon.
Preferably a full-image capture (including UNUSED sectors) so deleted factory contents can be "unerased" with a suitable "file carving" utility.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:11 PM   #6
SCrid2000
SCrid2000 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
I'm willing to run some tests on a PW3 and am mildly technical, if the tests don't require opening the kindle.

Last edited by SCrid2000; 06-17-2016 at 11:13 PM.
SCrid2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:56 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
I'm willing to run some tests on a PW3 and am mildly technical, if the tests don't require opening the kindle.
They do.
We need a capture of everything written to the serial port during the installation.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote