21-30 1 2.33%
31-40 0 0%
41-49 0 0%
50 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #16
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa1956 View Post
-=Sigh=- 16. I would have scored higher if I used past tense I have, in my adult life, owned and worn a cowboy hat, I did live with my parents after the age of 22, etc

Further demonstrating my geekiness, I googled (using "Google" as a verb should count on the test, IMHO) and found it is an actual word in French. How is it pronounced around here? Does it rhyme with tissue?
If you search google pics with liseuse you will find lots of paintings of pretty ladies reading - and they are often called "la liseuse", which is then translated as "the reader" - hence liseuse = reader. Stuff about bed-jackets and reading lights are red herrings.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
If you search google pics with liseuse you will find lots of paintings of pretty ladies reading - and they are often called "la liseuse", which is then translated as "the reader" - hence liseuse = reader. Stuff about bed-jackets and reading lights are red herrings.
yes, what i like most about that particular use of the word is that is spefically implies "a woman who takes pleasure in reading" rather than simply "a female person engaged in the act of reading" which would be "lectrice". it's that added dimension which makes it all the nicer.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #18
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
giggles
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Tango View Post
Take the test.
For each statement that applies to you, you get one point.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5142331/gsat-th...-aptitude-test

Share your results.
10 01000101 00000000 00000000 00001000 00000000 00000000

Hmm... 0x2450000080000 isn't in their list of points, I must be doing something wrong. And why isn't the number of test questions a nice round number like 0x40?

Do I get bonus points for trying to interpret my list of answers as binary? Or pointing out that 50 is a silly number for a geek questionnaire?

It seems I score 5:
* I own and wear t-shirts featuring the logos of computer/operating system manufacturers.
* On an average day more of my human interaction happens on message boards or in blog comments than with actual other people. (I work from home. And I think you're all actual other people too — aren't you?)
* I hold an engineering or IT degree.
* I play with my phone at restaurants. (Well, sometimes. Mostly reading a book on it.)
* I have corrected someone's spelling or grammar on a message board or in blog comments. (But only on request, I think/hope.)
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #20
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yes, what i like most about that particular use of the word is that is spefically implies "a woman who takes pleasure in reading" rather than simply "a female person engaged in the act of reading" which would be "lectrice". it's that added dimension which makes it all the nicer.
I wasn't aware of this added dimension! I'm liking the word more and more!

My score was disappointingly low, 1, or maybe 3 if I count one or two that are neither here nor there. I'll never be the geek I aspire to be!
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #21
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
I scored 5 points on the test.
Quote:
You're like James Dean, if James Dean were less attractive, less famous, less rich, alive and interested in gadgets. You're a relatively "cool" person, but that's only relative to people who are seriously awkward, so don't go patting yourself on the back just yet. You still read a gadget site in your free time.
Here is an interesting diagram to consider. The Geek is intelligent and obsessive. The Nerd, however, seems "all that and a bag of social ineptitude."

Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:26 AM   #22
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
13 kinda lower than i tought
would be about 17 if i would not have changed some habits during the last 10 years
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #23
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congrats Freeshadow. That's higher than my results at least. Best part is you get to wear a "Can't sleep, clowns will eat me" shirt! I just get a pair of glasses a rebel look.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #24
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Just 3 for me. I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:54 AM   #25
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I scored over 9,000 (and if you know that reference, you're beyond geek)
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #26
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

@ Moejoe

HAL 9000?
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #27
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I scored a 6, I'm apparently not as geeky as I thought. Or, all of their questions are wrong
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #28
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
I scored 5 points on the test.

Here is an interesting diagram to consider. The Geek is intelligent and obsessive. The Nerd, however, seems "all that and a bag of social ineptitude."

This Venn diagram is really enlightening! It gave me a much better understanding of the subtle differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Just 3 for me. I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed!
I scored low and I felt the same way.

BTW, is there a women's version of this test?
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #29
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
@ Moejoe

HAL 9000?
nah...
it's Goku

*goes to a corner and cries in shame
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #30
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
I got a 1, by thinking back a looooong time ago when I did become spasmodically nocturnal (well crepuscular really).
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote