Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #106
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
So they're keeping it from me for some months because they don't consider it an update worth releasing?
Surprise!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #107
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
They promised it in the next version - which was promised within a month. Only makes them break two promises instead of one
So now you can see how efficient they work.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #108
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
I'm prepared to love, adore and worship Bookeen again, all they have to do is to release the FW THIS WEEK and make it blow my mind!
Shouldn't be too hard.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #109
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
well Abelturd, you have a few days left before you owe me 27 cute kitties. Please send them to the planet of Melmac

cheers,

kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #110
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Ha, we will see about that! Come on Bookeen, 27 cute kitties need ya, NOW!
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #111
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I hope that the next firmware will have a lot of new stuffs, to be more stable, better boot time, no more flash corruption, more speedier ^^ (and why not some easter eggs, I love easter egg )
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:12 PM   #112
dki
Connoisseur
dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim X5; RCA 1100; Augen The Book, PRS350x2, Sony T1, Kobo AuraHD
Quote:
They promised it in the next version - which was promised within a month. Only makes them break two promises instead of one
As Polish history shows again and again, French are famous for breaking promises. And wine, cheese, long vacations and, some claim, nuclear power electric plants (though I would be very, very afraid that french-designed and build power plant would not have any maintenance - see long vacations)

However they were never famous for their customer service and dependability. As I am allergic to cats, I would not bet on the kitties, but we are at the middle of the week (I really do not believe ANY full blooded french citizen would work on weekend) and no update. My bet would be on no update in any foreseeable time. The way they are operating - you want update, claim your ebook is defective, send it back and let them prove it's not. Or send you a new one with the new software pre-installed. If that bankrupts them - even better.

Dorota
dki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:49 AM   #113
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier

The last firmware update came out on Friday. So they can still take a day off today to blow off some steam after the finishing rush and release the FW tommorow.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:06 AM   #114
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
You know, I just managed to resign myself to not getting updates in forseeable future and this topic made me all jittery. I keep checking bookeen's blog at least couple times per day (more like couple dozen, but who counts).
I know I will most probably be disappointed but I keep hoping...

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:14 AM   #115
nelsonescorcio
Zealot
nelsonescorcio doesn't litternelsonescorcio doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dki View Post
As Polish history shows again and again, French are famous for breaking promises. And wine, cheese, long vacations and, some claim, nuclear power electric plants (though I would be very, very afraid that french-designed and build power plant would not have any maintenance - see long vacations)

However they were never famous for their customer service and dependability. As I am allergic to cats, I would not bet on the kitties, but we are at the middle of the week (I really do not believe ANY full blooded french citizen would work on weekend) and no update. My bet would be on no update in any foreseeable time. The way they are operating - you want update, claim your ebook is defective, send it back and let them prove it's not. Or send you a new one with the new software pre-installed. If that bankrupts them - even better.

Dorota
Not nice attitude.

(Hope you regret your words and apologise - not only french people, but pretty much everyone here. That spirit does belong to this forum, I must say)

Last edited by nelsonescorcio; 03-26-2009 at 11:25 AM.
nelsonescorcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #116
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
dki, what's your problem with french people ??? Beware, there's quite a few of us here.

Some peaple in france do work on saturday. The peaple at bookeen don't, though (No, you can't bring back you E-reader for support on saturday they told me)
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #117
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonescorcio View Post
that spirit does belong to this forum, I must say
I agree.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #118
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
You know, I just managed to resign myself to not getting updates in forseeable future and this topic made me all jittery. I keep checking bookeen's blog at least couple times per day (more like couple dozen, but who counts).
I know I will most probably be disappointed but I keep hoping...

DrS
No no, don't punish yourself like that! I just check MobileRead regularly. I figure once an update is posted, the board will ring out it's arrival!
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #119
dki
Connoisseur
dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim X5; RCA 1100; Augen The Book, PRS350x2, Sony T1, Kobo AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
dki, what's your problem with french people ??? Beware, there's quite a few of us here.

Some peaple in france do work on saturday. The peaple at bookeen don't, though (No, you can't bring back you E-reader for support on saturday they told me)
I am very afraid.

The list of the problems with french customer service is extremely long. Not working on Saturdays is only one of them. Ignoring emails for weeks is another.

Quote:
Not nice attitude.

(Hope you regret your words and apologise - not only french people, but pretty much everyone here. That spirit does belong to this forum, I must say)
What attitude do you mean? Historical truth that is there for anybody to see if they want to and from which we should all learn? Well, then I apologize for it being what it is. I am very sorry that it turned out the way it turned out. Or the fact that France is famous for wine and cheese and not for good customer service? I truly have no control over that. But believe me, I am sorry about that too, and would rather have it differently.

I don't see a software update released, either. Maybe, after all, it will be released on Saturday or Sunday? Or maybe they have no respect for their customers, lie through their teeth and are totally undependable? And why should I be nice about it? Is it nice to promise that the software will be regularly updated, get people to buy product, and leave them with no updates and practically no customer service? Is patting Bookeen's head about it and saying "it's OK, we will wait calmly for however long it will take you, and if it's never, we'll be happy too" going to lead to better service and more respect for the customer? What is it about the idea that everybody has to be nice and forgiving about bad product and bad service? Why? Can I say that my opinion about Cybook is that it is the worst piece of electronic equipment I have ever owned, backed up by the worst imaginable customer service? Does it offend anybody? I am not offended by people claiming that it is an excellent product, even though my opinion is different. People visiting the forum may read all opinions, and form better one of their own. If they only read peans, and niceties how they can have a true picture?

I visit this forum to form my own opinion, and what offends me is comments like "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything." I say nice things if there is something nice to say. I cannot find anything nice to say about Bookeen and Cybook, therefore I should refrain from posting. And we'll all live happily ever after.
dki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:05 AM   #120
nelsonescorcio
Zealot
nelsonescorcio doesn't litternelsonescorcio doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dki View Post
I am very afraid.

The list of the problems with french customer service is extremely long. Not working on Saturdays is only one of them. Ignoring emails for weeks is another.

What attitude do you mean? Historical truth that is there for anybody to see if they want to and from which we should all learn? Well, then I apologize for it being what it is. I am very sorry that it turned out the way it turned out. Or the fact that France is famous for wine and cheese and not for good customer service? I truly have no control over that. But believe me, I am sorry about that too, and would rather have it differently.

I don't see a software update released, either. Maybe, after all, it will be released on Saturday or Sunday? Or maybe they have no respect for their customers, lie through their teeth and are totally undependable? And why should I be nice about it? Is it nice to promise that the software will be regularly updated, get people to buy product, and leave them with no updates and practically no customer service? Is patting Bookeen's head about it and saying "it's OK, we will wait calmly for however long it will take you, and if it's never, we'll be happy too" going to lead to better service and more respect for the customer? What is it about the idea that everybody has to be nice and forgiving about bad product and bad service? Why? Can I say that my opinion about Cybook is that it is the worst piece of electronic equipment I have ever owned, backed up by the worst imaginable customer service? Does it offend anybody? I am not offended by people claiming that it is an excellent product, even though my opinion is different. People visiting the forum may read all opinions, and form better one of their own. If they only read peans, and niceties how they can have a true picture?

I visit this forum to form my own opinion, and what offends me is comments like "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything." I say nice things if there is something nice to say. I cannot find anything nice to say about Bookeen and Cybook, therefore I should refrain from posting. And we'll all live happily ever after.
No one is asking you to say only nice things. You are just asked to not say stupid things - which is quite different.

Why are your words stupid? You atack the french people only because you feel frustrated about a late firmware upgrade; and you wish a company go under only because you don't like their costumer service (if your e-mails sent to Bookeen are in line with your comments here, it's no wonder you get no replies).

In what regards to "history", I fell your comments don't even deserve a reply. Their not really stupid - their're plain ignorant.

But, to be honest, I don't even believe you can get it...
nelsonescorcio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybook, firmware, upgrade