Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Won't convert Cookbook

I turned off Heuristic Processing, and told Calibre not to generate a TOC. This is the error message I get.

Splitting on page.txt

Is there anything else I can try?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your book has too may entries in its toc for calibre to handle. You can try converting it to old style mobi instead.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Your book has too may entries in its toc for calibre to handle. You can try converting it to old style mobi instead.
I'm sorry--how do I do that? The only other conversion program I have is mobipocket, and it does not have an input for epub.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Thanks Kovid. I used Calibre to convert it to pdf, then used mobipocket to convert it to mobi (prc). I am sure the pictures are not right, but I have never been able to convert a picture book from epub to mobi without problems.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool what is the setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I'm sorry--how do I do that? The only other conversion program I have is mobipocket, and it does not have an input for epub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Thanks Kovid. I used Calibre to convert it to pdf, then used mobipocket to convert it to mobi (prc). I am sure the pictures are not right, but I have never been able to convert a picture book from epub to mobi without problems.
Debra...preferences->output options->mobi, what is the setting of mobi file type? I believe that to accomplish what Kovid was saying it needs it to be set to old.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert