Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
Purge
Enthusiast
Purge began at the beginning.

Device: None
Pocketbook 360 UK / New York

Hey there!

Right now I'm looking at getting a new reader, and the Pocketbook 360 is what I've mainly got my eye on.

I'm in the UK at the moment, although I can't find anywhere to buy it. I'll be in New York soon as well, though, so does anyone know of a place I could buy one in New York (It'd have to be a store - I can't order online.) or am I going to have to order it imported? They're pretty expensive imported.

And is there any more information on it? Besides looking at forums and the like, it's hard to find any good information.

How's the screen in comparison to something like a PRS 300? The Opus?

Thanks for any help guys!
Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Here you have a comparison, screen to screen, with the Opus, courtesy of Terisa de Morgan.

Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Yaroslav- known here as Yar-PocketBooker - is the distributor of PocketBook for the US. He is in New York on Staten Island. I'm sure you could arrange to meet and he could sell you one since you can't buy online.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:53 AM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Charlie, thanks!))

Purge, please contact me directly at info@pocketbookreader.com or (914)374-5067. There's a store in downtown Manhattan, "17th Street Photo Supplies", www.17photo.com, on 33 West 17th street, where there are our devices, but they might not be exactly at the day when you are there - believe it or not, they are sold there quite fast)))
The second option - please contact me before you go to NYC, if our schedules go along, I can come over somewhere in the City and bring the device to you.
There are some other options, but you need to contact me first.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote