Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-27-2009, 03:40 AM   #61
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
After I finished reading Boyd Morrison's, "The Ark", I keep trying to think why I liked it so much. What was so special about it that I wanted to read more from this author? And then it struck me. "The Ark" was a thrilling action and adventure story reminiscent of the style of some of my favorite authors: Mathew Reilly, Clive Cussler, Lincoln Child, Jack DuBrul, and Douglas Preston.

"The Ark" immediately grabbed me, pulled me in, and only reluctantly let me back out to deal with my real life. The divergent quests of each of his characters merged into a story that was hard to put down. All I could say was, Wow!, when I finished reading the last line.

I will definitely be recommending "The Ark" to others.

Humm... fathers.... Dilara had questions about her father (dead), Locke had issues with his father (living), and Garrett believed he was carrying out the wishes of his "Father" (?).

Boyd, thank you again for sharing your books with us.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:01 AM   #62
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
I appreciate your help, kacir and astra, but Amazon won't let me purchase ebooks and I have no interest in purchasing anything else from them - even though I'd be happy to write a report for Boyd.

Boyd knows I like The Ark a lot

Dreams, I've met Matthew Reilly and I've read all his books.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 02:03 AM   #63
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ cbell, Have you tried Jack DuBrul? My son and I loved his books also.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:57 AM   #64
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
dreams, No I haven't, but if they're like Boyd's or Matthew's books, I'm happy to try them.

I'll take a look for ebook versions... after I've finished Palmyra!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #65
Vanquiz
Vanquiz began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hi Boyd,

This is my first post here, been lurking for few weeks before I decided to take the plunge and finally got my PRS-505.

I registered on this forum, just to thank you for your ebook, I just finished The Ark, honestly, it's a really really good works, well done, easily beats other NY Best Sellers that I've read before.

I will recommend your books to all friends, good luck with your writing, hopefully you will get all the buzz and chance to have your book published, and even filmed.

Gonna read the other 2 now ...
Vanquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #66
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Quote:
I appreciate your help, kacir and astra, but Amazon won't let me purchase ebooks and I have no interest in purchasing anything else from them - even though I'd be happy to write a report for Boyd.
Instead you can post a review on goodreads or other similar websites.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show....Boyd_Morrison
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:06 AM   #67
bigblock
bigblock began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Boyd,

thank for publishing your novels.

i just finished "The Ark" and enjoyed it very much.

I wish you sucess for upcoming work and keep on the good quality.

Greetings from Germany

Uwe
bigblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #68
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I just finished "The Palmyra Impact" and thought it was fantastic. I had to read it in bits and pieces on short breaks and it drove me crazy as I didn't want to put it down! I love watching The History Channel and the National Geographic channel so these two stories were about some of my favorite subjects. I could easily see the stories used as movies.

Boyd, how is it going with your agent? The reviews have been great and "The Ark" fits right in with the current resurgence of "somewhat" Biblical themed stories and movies.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #69
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I read all 3 of Boyd's books in the last couple of weeks; The Ark, The Adamas Blueprint and The Palmyras Impact (in that order).

Clearly, the fact that I read them all means I must have enjoyed them, and I did. Hopefully, Boyd wouldn't mind me saying that they're not great literature, they are more in the 'diverting read' category for me - I hope that doesn't sound patronising, it's not meant to, it is a compliment.

I would say though, that if I'd read The Palmyras Impact first, I might not have been so keen to read the others. It's quite a different type of story to the other two, and for some reason, I found myself just not caring so much about the characters
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #70
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
I have just started the The Palmyras Impact and I am really enjoying it. I loved The Ark it was an awesome read and so far Im finding it hard to put this one down too.

Dawn
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #71
Boydm
Connoisseur
Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquiz View Post
Hi Boyd,
I registered on this forum, just to thank you for your ebook, I just finished The Ark, honestly, it's a really really good works, well done, easily beats other NY Best Sellers that I've read before.
Thanks, Vanquiz! That's quite an honor. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenad View Post
Instead you can post a review on goodreads or other similar websites.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show....Boyd_Morrison
Thanks, Faenad! I'm a member of goodreads if anyone wants to friend me there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock View Post
Hi Boyd,

thank for publishing your novels.

i just finished "The Ark" and enjoyed it very much.

I wish you sucess for upcoming work and keep on the good quality.

Greetings from Germany

Uwe
Wow, Germany! Thanks, Uwe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Boyd, how is it going with your agent? The reviews have been great and "The Ark" fits right in with the current resurgence of "somewhat" Biblical themed stories and movies.
Thanks, Dreams! My agent is keeping an eye on how my books are doing, both on the Kindle and my web site. If they keep doing well, perhaps someone in the publishing industry will take notice and want to publish pbook versions of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Clearly, the fact that I read them all means I must have enjoyed them, and I did. Hopefully, Boyd wouldn't mind me saying that they're not great literature, they are more in the 'diverting read' category for me - I hope that doesn't sound patronising, it's not meant to, it is a compliment.
Not at all, Bilbo! I have no aspirations to write literary novels. My goal is to write page-turners that entertain for a few hours. If I've done that, I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS View Post
I have just started the The Palmyras Impact and I am really enjoying it. I loved The Ark it was an awesome read and so far Im finding it hard to put this one down too.

Dawn
Thanks, Dawn! It's great to hear from another Aussie (I'm one-quarter Australian myself; my grandmother was from Melbourne).
Boydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #72
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydm View Post
Thanks, Dreams! My agent is keeping an eye on how my books are doing, both on the Kindle and my web site. If they keep doing well, perhaps someone in the publishing industry will take notice and want to publish pbook versions of them.
Boyd, I just have to say... this is not how agents work! They are submitting your manuscripts to publishers for consideration and trying to work deals. Now perhaps your agent has already done this, but unless he's demanding some crazy percentage royalty for you I don't see why he's failing. You really should consider getting another agent!
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #73
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Boyd, I just have to say... this is not how agents work! They are submitting your manuscripts to publishers for consideration and trying to work deals. Now perhaps your agent has already done this, but unless he's demanding some crazy percentage royalty for you I don't see why he's failing. You really should consider getting another agent!
It's not how they used to work, but things are changing rapidly. I heard somewhere that you need 25,000 regular readers online to get a publisher interested now. I don't know Boyd or his agent's situation, but any buzz that can be gathered online will only help Boyd and his agent sell the book(s) to a publisher.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #74
Boydm
Connoisseur
Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Actually, The Ark was already turned down by every major publisher in New York. I can't quote any of the rejections, but many of them were incredibly positive, ironically enough. Some just didn't feel it was "fresh" enough to make it worthy of publication. So now we're hoping that if enough readers show interest, publishers might take a second look at it.

Believe me, neither my agent nor I know why we couldn't find a taker. Obviously, I think it's worth reading, or I wouldn't have put it on my web site or the Kindle.

And thanks for the vote of confidence! One thing I am is persistent, so I'll keep writing.
Boydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #75
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydm View Post
Actually, The Ark was already turned down by every major publisher in New York. I can't quote any of the rejections, but many of them were incredibly positive, ironically enough. Some just didn't feel it was "fresh" enough to make it worthy of publication. So now we're hoping that if enough readers show interest, publishers might take a second look at it.

Believe me, neither my agent nor I know why we couldn't find a taker. Obviously, I think it's worth reading, or I wouldn't have put it on my web site or the Kindle.

And thanks for the vote of confidence! One thing I am is persistent, so I'll keep writing.
Keep at it, Boyd! I've only just started the Ark (so much reading, so little time) and already it's better than the half a dozen or so Best Sellers I've read (or tried to read) in the last year.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote