Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
saiyuki
Enthusiast
saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: binatone ReadMe, Kobo Touch, Scroll Extreme 2
Linux Memory

Hi. I use PcLinuxOS and today started to add books from directories. As i have a rather large collection i knew this would take time. After 45 minutes it managed to get to 11%, and with 98%-100% continual cpu usage (3.0GHz Dual-Core), all my >3GB ram was used up, and my 2GB swap file reached 100%, consequently the system promptly logged off.

After logging back on i started again, i thought perhaps it would continue from it's last point, but it began scanning at the beginning (though quicker), until it reached 11% then continued slowly with 98%=100% cpu usage. It finally got to 23% before the ram (and swap) was all used up again, at which point it logged off.

Not wishing to continue i thought i would enquire as to help why this should occur.

Regards saiyuki
saiyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) Make sure you are running the latest calibre version 0.7.48

2) If you area dding PDF files, got to preferences->plugins and disable the PDf metadata reader plugin

3) add you book sin smaller batches, restarting calibre inbetween batches
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
saiyuki
Enthusiast
saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The PcLos repositories only have V 0.7.32, i'll have chat on their forums about an update. Also yes i do have many .PDF's and will follow your advice.

Many thanks

Regards saiyuki
Old 03-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
saiyuki
Enthusiast

I installed the 0.7.48 version and the cpu load doesn't appear to go above 40% and the memory usage is much better now. Sorry if it was posted in the wrong section.

Regards saiyuki