Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
Amity45
Amity45 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Sync Current Page w/ ADE (Kobo Touch)

Hi,

I just bought a Kobo Touch. I can either read my DRM books on the kobo or with Adobe Digital Editions on my computer monitor. Sometimes I would prefer the monitor. Is there a way to sync my current page number between the Kobo and ADE?

Obviously option B would be to simply carry the kobo to whatever computer I want to read on, turn it on, and manually find the page in ADE whenever I want to switch. Then, I'd have to flip to it in the Kobo afterwards. But, if there's an easy way to sync that would be nice. (Ideally with WiFi)
Amity45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
No, there isn't a way to sync the current page number between the Kobo Touch and ADE. However, you can sync between the Kobo Desktop application and the Touch. Also, the Kobo Apps for smartphones and tablets can sync the page number to the Touch. To bring the Touch up-to-date simply do a sync on it.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
Amity45
Amity45 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question

OK, I don't know how to make Adobe DRM books show up in the Kobo Desktop app. I'll look it up for now.

Can you even read DRM books within the kobo desktop app? Can it tell ADE what page number the reader is on?

Thanks for the reply.
Amity45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Unfortunately, you cannot add non-Kobo books to the Desktop Application. To summarize, you can only sync bookmarks (pages) for books purchased from Kobo. This syncing can occur between the Kobo Touch, the Kobo Desktop Application and the Kobo Apps on smartphones and tablets
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ade, adobe, kobo, kobo touch, sync