Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
All-In-One IPDF released for iLiad 2.10

Thanks to jhaker and ricewind for creating an advanced PDF reader for the iLiad.

Features : Here's a list of the included features.
  • Power Saving / CPU Frequency Scaling - (rincewind) - The iLiad's processor speed is changed to conserve power. It runs at 100 MHz when idle, 200 MHz when scribbling, and 400 MHz for page turning.
  • Fullscreen Mode - (jharker) - Fullscreen mode is now implemented. New documents open by default in fullscreen mode. The tool panels are hidden and the entire screen is used for display.
  • Quick Erase - (rincewind) - To erase scribbles, simply scribble over things you want to erase, and continue to hold the pen down for a second after you stop. When you lift the pen, your scribble will be erased along with any other scribbles you crossed.
  • Remembers Pen Settings - (rincewind) - Current pen settings are saved with the file and loaded when it's re-opened.
  • Remembers Fullscreen Settings - (jharker) - Current fullscreen/toolbar settings are saved with the file and loaded when it's re-opened.
  • Default Select Scribble - (rincewind) - When a file is opened, scribble mode is selected automatically by default.
  • Button Functions - button press duration : function : description ... (author)
    • Up Arrow - short : Toggle Erase : Toggles erase on/off. Somewhat obsolete with the new Quick Erase feature. (rincewind)
    • Up Arrow - long : Toggle Fullscreen : Toggle fullscreen mode on and off. Currently fullscreen mode does not automatically change the zoom setting, it merely reveals more of the page. (jharker)
    • Dot - short : Show/Hide Scribbles : Toggle whether scribbles are visible. Very useful for temporarily hiding scribbles you don't want to see. (rincewind)
    • Dot - long : Show/Hide Toolbar : In fullscreen mode, this toggles whether the toolbar is visible. Useful for bringing up the toolbar to use zoom/pan/rotate/check your page. (jharker)
    • Down Arrow - long : Manual Refresh : Manually refresh the screen, good for removing ghosting and other artifacts. (rincewind)

Mambo has created an easy installer for the package here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22152

Source: http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1313
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Thanks to jhaker and ricewind for creating an advanced PDF reader for the iLiad.

Mambo has created an easy installer for the package here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=49

Source: http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1313
Thanks very much. I installed it immediately. I can read again with lower power consumption (longer on a battery load) and full screen.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
Anybody have problems with music (mpd) and this ipdf....

i don't know why but when i call the ipdf the sound goes off...

i have this bug....

and yes i know that i can play music at 100Mhz and read pdf in the 2.9.5 was working....

thanks to any reply
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Features : Here's a list of the included features.
  • Power Saving / CPU Frequency Scaling - (rincewind) - The iLiad's processor speed is changed to conserve power. It runs at 100 MHz when idle, 200 MHz when scribbling, and 400 MHz for page turning.
  • Fullscreen Mode - ...
Wow, this list of improvements is gigantic. Great job guys!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Great Work!

Unfortunately I'm using the mobipocket reader on my Iliad right now (if I even have time to read at all...) and there is no such wonder-package for that one...YET...
Maybe we'll get our reflash option soon and then somebody will create a powersaving system that benefits all apps.

But anyway...I'll install this package as soon as I have time and might even go back to the cumbersome PDF format just so that I can experience this great bunch of cool stuff from our dearly beloved mobileread.com Iliad devs...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:04 AM   #6
Snas
Enthusiast
Snas began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad & N95
It doesn't work on my iLiad...
When I click on a pdf, i can see the loading bar below but the document doesn't open

Unfortunaly I can't attach the document here because it's our newspaper in epaper version and it's really confidential... (it's a interactive pdf...)

I've just tested with a manga in pdf and it works...
I think it's because the interactive pdf that it doesn't work...
Snas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:36 AM   #7
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snas View Post
It doesn't work on my iLiad...
When I click on a pdf, i can see the loading bar below but the document doesn't open

Unfortunaly I can't attach the document here because it's our newspaper in epaper version and it's really confidential... (it's a interactive pdf...)

I've just tested with a manga in pdf and it works...
I think it's because the interactive pdf that it doesn't work...
Interactive, you mean with links and images ?
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:45 AM   #8
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Did it work with the factory ipdf, or was this problem introduced with the all-in-one version?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:14 AM   #9
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Did it work with the factory ipdf, or was this problem introduced with the all-in-one version?
The new ipdf kills mpd & mpc. It worked with iRex' ipdf.
Code:
# ps | grep mpc
951 root 448 S grep mpc
#
[EDIT I] New ipdf killed jukebox. After a reboot I tried it again, this time w/o a problem. I don't understand what happened.
[EDIT II] It can't reproduce this bug. Mmmh, I don't know what happened on this non-recurring event.

Last edited by yokos; 06-14-2007 at 09:01 AM. Reason: what the heck ...?!
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #10
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
The new ipdf kills mpd & mpc. It worked with iRex' ipdf.
Code:
# ps | grep mpc
951 root 448 S grep mpc
#
[EDIT I] New ipdf killed jukebox. After a reboot I tried it again, this time w/o a problem. I don't understand what happened.
[EDIT II] It can't reproduce this bug. Mmmh, I don't know what happened on this non-recurring event.
I guess you probably cannot play music during the use of ipdf/throttle, because the processor speed is too low.
However if the speed is restored after quitting ipdf, the speed should be restored to 400 MHz and it should work again.

My 2 cts.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:31 AM   #11
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
@ henkvdg: however, it is working now. Yamp! iLiad screen has got a digital enlargement again.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:47 AM   #12
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
Ah, a digital enlargement patch! ;-)
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:12 AM   #13
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
i know that i have tested another time and now seems to work....¿?¿?

i don't know why but now i can listen music and know that the iliad it's going a 100 MHz, and reading a book

if this "bug" return i will post here,

anybody got an idea about this...

Last edited by kapoira; 06-14-2007 at 10:40 AM.
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #14
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Hi, all, glad you're enjoying it!

The only significant difference between the iRex ipdf and this one is the processor speed, 400Mhz vs. 100 Mhz. In all other cases, the differences are mostly minor and related to the input keys or screen rendering size, really very minor stuff.

So there should be no problems except as related to the processor speed.

I do recall iRex saying that one reason they haven't added processor scaling is that a couple of the kernel drivers are unstable at lower CPU speeds. So if you're having intermittent problems, that's probably why.

Rincewind (and I) had no reason not to do CPU throttling, since we're not liable for system stability. But of course, iRex has to have any stability problems fixed before THEY can release it. So I imagine it'll take a while to make those kernel drivers happy again...

jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #15
henkvdg
Groupie

Scribbling not working correctly on last throttled ipdf

As it says,

Scribbling does not work correctly with me.
If I take the pen off the screen and put it back, a line appears connecting to the last written scribbles, so it only gives a continuous connected line.

Does anybody else see the same?

Is it in the remembering of the pen settings?

Last edited by henkvdg; 06-14-2007 at 06:26 PM.

Tags
all-in-one, ipdf