Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Calibre Companion: Promises Kept

To all who have made suggestions to improve CC, release 2.5 is an attempt to catch up. Some of the changes in this release were suggested long ago. For example, DoctorOhh asked in August for font size control and in September for the ability to remove the secondary lines shown while grouping. Others such as Glottalpoly and BillyG have reported problems with default reader selection. Voila.

Some of what we added/fixed in this release:
  • the ability to set the font size in list views and book details.
  • separation of content server and wireless device setup, for those of you who have calibre content servers on the internet.
  • 3G access to calibre content servers that live on the internet.
  • Make setting a default reader app work (we hope), fixing both a crash and opening the wrong book.
  • Control of the number of subitems shown while grouping. Setting it to zero eliminates the line, making the display more compact.
  • Several improvements in content server connection, especially when the content server is behind a reverse proxy, is using non-calibre web server authentication, or is unable to reply with valid data.
Please tell us if you think we can improve CC. I won't promise that we will implement every suggestion, but I do promise that we will consider every one.

Thank you all for your support!

Last edited by chaley; 11-23-2012 at 05:18 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Thanks.

The font sizing works well. I chose 25 sub-items to display, which to me is preferable and it works great.

The only odd thing I've found was that backing out of the book details list no longer returns me to the author page of books I clicked to get to the details page. I end up one level higher in the total authors list.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:12 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The only odd thing I've found was that backing out of the book details list no longer returns me to the author page of books I clicked to get to the details page. I end up one level higher in the total authors list.
Sorry about that. This was an unintended side effect of trying to handle changing the first letter preference while looking at first letters.

I have fixed it. Steven and I are discussing whether we should do a point release today or wait to see if we have more problems. I lean toward the release because the current behavior is rather inconvenient if browsing books by an author.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I have fixed it. Steven and I are discussing whether we should do a point release today
And that point release has been done. It's working its way through Google Play and should be available in the next few hours. Thanks for pointing out the bug.
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Haley View Post
And that point release has been done. It's working its way through Google Play and should be available in the next few hours. Thanks for pointing out the bug.
Sounds good Steve. Thanks for listening to your users.

Update: I loaded up the latest and it is working great.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-24-2012 at 12:39 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote