Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 04:13 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Publication Date confirmed for Scott Lynch’s THE REPUBLIC OF THIEVES

I stopped recommending this fantasy series to people as the author was not submitting the 3rd book in the series for the last few years and was tired of them complaining to me as if it was my fault they liked the series and they were stuck mid series. Now that the author is well enough to have finished and has submitted the 3rd book in the series the publishers have confirmed the release date at last.

http://www.gollancz.co.uk/2013/03/pu...ic-of-thieves/
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:47 AM   #2
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Yes, I saw that. Good news.

I don't think the slow production rate should put people off, though. The books so far have been self-contained stories, for the most part. The lack of more is only a problem because they are good, not because the story is incomplete.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Agreed. If the series continues to be relatively episodic (as it has been so far), I don't see delays having much of an impact.

To be perfectly fair though, the book was "turned in" by the author quite some time ago. His bout with depression was apparently affecting the back-and-forth nature of the final-edit process.

Whatever the details, I'm glad Scott was able to put this particular stumbling-block behind him.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
That is good news. I recently read Lies of Locke Lamora and thought it was very well done, craftily plotted with an exciting denouement. Haven't read the second yet.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote