Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
Beach650
Beach650 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
WebOS Kobo app - sideloading

Hoping someone here can help..... How do I sideload books on Kobo on my Palm? It has nicely synced with my kobobooks account, but if I have books I've purchased elsewhere, or borrowed from the library, is there any way to get them on my phone?
Beach650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
JPenguin
Connoisseur
JPenguin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo EReader, Kobo for Palm Pre
You can't unfortunately. The Kobo app on webOS hasn't been updated in quite a long time (probably due to the rather poor market acceptance). There are a couple other eReader apps for webOS, I believe at least one of them works with ePub but I haven't actually tried it out yet. I occasionally use the Kobo app when I don't have my reader with me but I haven't gotten around to throwing some epubs on yet.
JPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I've used pReader for non-Kobo books, but it only works on unDRMed ePub (and accepts other unDRMed formats, as well).

I'm hoping they update the app for webOS 2.0 or 2.1 or whatever it will be.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
JPenguin
Connoisseur
JPenguin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo EReader, Kobo for Palm Pre
I really hope they release an app for webOS 3.0 so that we can have a Kobo app on the TouchPad. HP has announced and shown the Kindle app but hopefully Kobo can get in with a partnership too.
JPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:14 AM   #5
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I'm probably not going to get a TouchPad unless they come out with the smaller one that was leaked, or something similar, but I'm almost definitely getting a Pre3. Kobo, if you're reading...pleeeeaaaaase update the app!!!
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert