Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-10-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
iggypop
Banned
iggypop began at the beginning.

Device: samsung
Conversation About DNS

I was having a conversation with my girlfriend, and we were talking about computer speaking application. So the conversation went like this:
Me: Do you know of any software speaking applications that are out?
Her: I know of one that I’ve used somewhat.
Me: What is it?
Her: One program is Dragon Naturally Speaking.
Me: Where can I go to know more about this?
Her: You can go here to learn more about it.
Do you guys know of any other speaking applications or anything?
iggypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:37 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
ScanSoft's Dragon Naturally Speaking is the best known. Alternatives are IBM ViaVoice (http://www.nuance.com/viavoice/) for Win and iListen (http://www.macspeech.com/) for Mac.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
iggypop
Banned
iggypop began at the beginning.

Device: samsung
That's also what I heard. My girlfriend likes the program because when she says, "Open Internet Explorer," she can see the dictation in the upper left hand corner of the computer screen within Dragon.
She showed me that she was able to do that, and I was amazed. It recognized her voice and everything.
iggypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:16 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have a friend with vision problems. We first hooked up ViaVoice for her and had more problems than I care to relate. Dragon, on the other hand, installed like a champ and has run flawlessly ever since. Also the street price was far lower for Dragon than ViaVoice.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Dragon's product is the one-to-beat. It has been for years.
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2006, 03:59 PM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I do think that Dragon's Naturally Speaking is the most well regarded of the consumer products. I hope to do a short review soon... any particular questions anyone is wondering about it?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:54 PM   #7
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Ask it: "How do you feel?"
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote