Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
Flub
Groupie
Flub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel is

Device: iPhone, PRS-505, K2i, iPad 64GB+3G, K3, Nexus S
Problem converting mobipocket books

I just bought a couple of drm'd mobipocket books from Fictonwise (As I've done a lot in the past). I removed the drm in ways we aren't supposed to talk about and fed the resultant files into Calibre for conversion to lrf. Instead of getting lrf files as I usually do I got this error log instead.

Quote:
Job: **Convert book: Star Trek: Destiny: Lost Souls**
**tuple**: ('IndexError', u'list index out of range')
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 957, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 915, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 196, in main
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 165, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\ convert_from.py", line 28, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\ convert_from.py", line 17, in generate_html
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 186, in extract_content
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 390, in extract_text
File "calibre\ebooks\mobi\palmdoc.pyo", line 28, in decompress_doc
IndexError: list index out of range

**Log**:
('IndexError', u'list index out of range')
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 196, in main
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\c onvert_from.py", line 165, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\ convert_from.py", line 28, in process_file
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\ convert_from.py", line 17, in generate_html
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 186, in extract_content
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 390, in extract_text
I then tried epub and got this result

Quote:
Job: **Convert book: Star Trek: Destiny: Lost Souls**
**tuple**: ('IndexError', u'list index out of range')
**Traceback**:
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 175, in any2epub
File "contextlib.pyo", line 34, in __exit__
File "contextlib.pyo", line 113, in nested
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 165, in any2epub
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 63, in mobi2opf

**Log**:
Exploding MOBI file: c:\users\stephen\appdata\local\temp\calibre_0.4.13 3_szb0ef.mobi
('IndexError', u'list index out of range')
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 175, in any2epub
File "contextlib.pyo", line 34, in __exit__
File "contextlib.pyo", line 113, in nested
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 165, in any2epub
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 63, in mobi2opf
This is with version 0.4.133 of Calibre although initially I was getting the same problem with an earlier version. Is there anything I can do to get this converted?
Flub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Flub
Groupie
Flub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel is

Device: iPhone, PRS-505, K2i, iPad 64GB+3G, K3, Nexus S
Ah. Ignore my feeble ramblings. No problem at all with the wonderful Calibre. Problem solved by means I can't talk about

It's a shame that we can't talk about this stuff really. Especially when it's being used with legally purchased books.

Ah well. Time to donate to Kovid since it's payday
Flub is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
Kiki001
Kiki001 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problems converting Mobipocket

I have the same problem after removing the drm from my legally purchased ebook. I tried using Calibre to convert them to epub and got an error message. I don't know how to go around to fixing this. Could you give me a hint as to how to go about correcting this problem.

Thanks
Kiki001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
dhcalva
Enthusiast
dhcalva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I'm having similar problems myself converting a book into mobi (To refresh the metadata).
dhcalva is offline   Reply With Quote