Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
madeirabhoy
madeirabhoy began at the beginning.

Device: palm tx
marking books 'biography' and 'read' to put in same folder on 'save to disc'

not sure if this is possible or really easy and I'm being thick.

i read my books as .pdb on my palm tx. i keep them on my mac using calibre, and when I've added a few books i save to disc as one format, pdb, then replace the books folder on my tx sd card with this folder.

i want to do two things. firstly there are books I've read. i want to keep them on my mac but not on my palm, of if they are on my palm i want them in a 'read' folder so i don't get confused.

secondly I always save as a folder per author, but I've got a lot of sports biographies and non fiction books, most by authors I've never heard of. id rather i just had these books in one folder so i can click down through the titles, but i don't want to put all books in one folder as with fiction its the opposite, its the author i recognise.

any way to do this easily?
madeirabhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeirabhoy View Post
not sure if this is possible or really easy and I'm being thick.

i read my books as .pdb on my palm tx. i keep them on my mac using calibre, and when I've added a few books i save to disc as one format, pdb, then replace the books folder on my tx sd card with this folder.

i want to do two things. firstly there are books I've read. i want to keep them on my mac but not on my palm, of if they are on my palm i want them in a 'read' folder so i don't get confused.

secondly I always save as a folder per author, but I've got a lot of sports biographies and non fiction books, most by authors I've never heard of. id rather i just had these books in one folder so i can click down through the titles, but i don't want to put all books in one folder as with fiction its the opposite, its the author i recognise.

any way to do this easily?
Easily? Not really (unless you are good at coding ).

Look at the Calibre Template Language on the Help page.
You can build a template that is 'conditional' on a field value(s).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert