Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-10-2024, 09:23 AM   #121
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
MS was big in servers on Internet and Linux 2%. Others were Solaris, various UNIX and others.
Now about 98% of public access servers on Internet run Linux.
To be fair, MS also offers Linux on Azure
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/so...inux-on-azure/
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 12:12 PM   #122
foice
Enthusiast
foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Android reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Because I'm a nerd with no life, I was thinking about this this morning in the gym shower.

Just create a tag like 'to read' or 'TBR' or whatever. You can filter by that tag and then use that custom column to add numbers. Then set the view to cover grid. (The spine thing is just some skeuomorphic nonsense that would require lots of work.) You could have it set in maybe ten minutes.
Thanks to the infinite amount of noise that certain messages made, I see that now the thread looks like I wanted a random book selector, which is not the case.

The idea is to sort manually a subset of the library, possibly in a graphical form in which one sees the covers. As a workaround I have asked if I can export the covers of a set of books that I am selecting. Then, once I have the cover images files, I can do all I need using another program.

Once again let me thank those who are trying to contribute positively and ask those who want to criticize my needs to avoid repetition, I understood that you have superior tools and I am asking a stupid question, you can be assured of that.
foice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2024, 05:49 PM   #123
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by foice View Post
The idea is to sort manually a subset of the library, possibly in a graphical form in which one sees the covers.
I might be missing some finer points. But you can just tag books you want in that subset, then filter by that tag, then do cover grid. The manually sorting, you would need to create a column and assign your tagged books numbers as already mentioned.

I did that using the tag Horror. Check the attached to see what it looks like. If you wanted, you could turn off the elements I have on the side, so it would just be a grid of covers and nothing else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	312.0 KB
ID:	205741  

Last edited by ZodWallop; 01-10-2024 at 05:52 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 03:21 PM   #124
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Only when moving files from one folder to another. Yes, it is a physical manipulation, of course, but I don't actually know any other way to do it. Is there an easier way? (No command line options, please, that's complete Greek to me).
Select file(s) in original folder, press ctrl-c (for Windows, cmd-c for Mac) then change to target folder and press ctrl-v (cmd-v for Mac). This copies the files to the new folder. Then go back and delete from original folder. You can also use ctrl-x (cmd-x) and ctrl-v (cmd-v) which will "move" the files, so you don't have to back to the original and delete. I usually use ctrl-c and go back to delete later, because I like suspenders and belt.

You can also right-click on the selected file(s) and choose "copy" in the original folder and right-click and choose "paste" in the target.

These may seem like more steps than just dragging and dropping, but it only takes one time of dragging and dropping a bunch of files into the wrong place and then having to search for them to understand the utility of doing things this way. Not to mention that it's easier for people who's hands may have a bit of a tremble, or who may have other small motor issues.

Hope this helps,

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 04:53 PM   #125
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Select file(s) in original folder, press ctrl-c (for Windows, cmd-c for Mac) then change to target folder and press ctrl-v (cmd-v for Mac). This copies the files to the new folder. Then go back and delete from original folder. You can also use ctrl-x (cmd-x) and ctrl-v (cmd-v) which will "move" the files, so you don't have to back to the original and delete. I usually use ctrl-c and go back to delete later, because I like suspenders and belt.

You can also right-click on the selected file(s) and choose "copy" in the original folder and right-click and choose "paste" in the target.

These may seem like more steps than just dragging and dropping, but it only takes one time of dragging and dropping a bunch of files into the wrong place and then having to search for them to understand the utility of doing things this way. Not to mention that it's easier for people who's hands may have a bit of a tremble, or who may have other small motor issues.

Hope this helps,

Shari
Thank you, yes it does help.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
cover and books, cover art, display