Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-06-2020, 01:47 PM   #1
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Question Displaying Custom Columns When Device Attached?

Hello:

I am having a bit of a bother in that I want to add a couple of custom columns (already created) when I select "show books in main memory of the device". However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add a column to that display.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Sparky
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 02:42 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger View Post
Hello:

I am having a bit of a bother in that I want to add a couple of custom columns (already created) when I select "show books in main memory of the device". However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add a column to that display.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Sparky
You can't.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2020, 02:54 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
You can, however, use View Manager to make a custom view that shows these columns, restrict it to an ondevice:true saved search/VL, and switch to it after connecting your device.

It won't show any books that are on your device but not the Calibre library, though.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-06-2020 at 03:02 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:39 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I used my own idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-06 17_38_02-Customize View Manager.png
Views:	216
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	183255

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-06-2020 at 04:46 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom columns, display, main memory