Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-19-2020, 10:37 AM   #1
HariMaier
HariMaier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 626
Question Replacement display for PB626(2)

Hi friends,

I crashed the display of my PocketBook Lux 3 (PB626(2)-y-ww).
Because it is already the second reader I lost this way, I would not like to buy a 3th one.
So I decided to try to repair the display.

Unfortunately I can't find a shop where I can get the right one.
The display in my crashed reader has the ID ED060XD4 (LF) U2-00.
The PocketBook has the item-no. PB626(2)-y-ww.
The display has a touch screen and is illuminated.

Does anyone knows where I could buy this type of display or if there is a comperable displace for exchange?

On Ali I found some displays, but non of them seems to be the very exact one.

Please help

Hari
HariMaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:55 PM   #2
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
Quote:
On Ali I found some displays, but non of them seems to be the very exact one.
I bought a replacement for my TouchLux2 a few years ago from Aliexpress, it cost me $40 for the screen.

Pay attention to the flat wire connectors. the Lux 2 and Lux 3 have different connectors.
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2020, 03:27 AM   #3
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
There are 2 TL3 versions out I'm aware of.

One uses the same connectors as the TL2 but an e-ink carta screen. For these models just one driver file has to be replaced to use either the carte or the pearl screens.

The other type has an inbuild memory chip instead of the infamous internal microsd and uses different screen connectors.

You have the ED060XD4(LF) U2-00 which has the same connectors as the TL2 I wrote above. This should be this screen on Aliexpress, but please check the images against your device:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3294...archweb201603_

Last edited by nhedgehog; 05-10-2020 at 03:35 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:06 AM   #4
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
Just for reference.. I have a TL3 and a TL2 (Both broken by family members �� )

The pictures attached here are the from a broken screen of a TL2 (PB626)

What I did notice is that the connector on the right (with a QR-sticker) differs on
both devices. to take note of that!

also found this picture I uploaded somewhere on this forum years ago
Which makes me now think that their are 3 different screens that "can work" on a TouchLux .. but all 3 have the connectors placed differently, so make sure you get the one with the right connectors

Last edited by anonymust; 05-13-2020 at 05:09 AM.
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:21 AM   #5
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Just to clarify since the TS has shown no sign of aknowledgement of the help he or she got:
Your version 2 screen on the last picture looks like a screen fitting on some Kindle devices but no Pocketbook 626. But the light flex cable incl. LED can be carefully removed and replaced by the old one.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 05-13-2020 at 05:47 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
display, pb626(2l, replacement, shop