Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-09-2014, 06:18 AM   #1
Kunfunandnoo
Kunfunandnoo began at the beginning.

Device: T68
Question T68 - Broken or Reset possible?

Hello all

I'm a new owner of the T68 and so far quite pleased with the device.

As since yesterday though, the T68 doesn't seem to respond to any sort of input (Pressing PageUP+PageDown+POWER, only POWER, BACK+Power and so on), it just stays on the last viewed PDF Page. I use it with the Leather Case, so I can't say for how long the problem allready persisted.

Trying to Reset the device by inserting / pushing a small neelde in the Reset Hole doesn't give me any Feedback - anyway I'm not sure wether there even is a button inside, it doesn't feel like.

As I'm going for a multi-month trip soon, there won't be any time to send the device back to Poland. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Kunfunandnoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #2
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Plug it in and leave it like that.
It might come back to life in a couple of hours.

Alternatively, try to keep pressed the power button. In two different sessions (one might shutdown the device, but you won't notice it, the other one will start it up).
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Mine froze a couple of times before I returned it. Try holding the power button for 15 - 20 seconds or leave it plugged in for 1/2 to 1 hour and then hold power button.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
Kunfunandnoo
Kunfunandnoo began at the beginning.

Device: T68
Apparently pushing POWER for a while does turn the tablet on and off (backlight turns on). No change on the display though, no refresh, nothing.

Quite a disappointing start for such an expensive device.

Any further ideas on how to force the screen to refresh?

thanks
Kunfunandnoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunfunandnoo View Post
Apparently pushing POWER for a while does turn the tablet on and off (backlight turns on). No change on the display though, no refresh, nothing.

Quite a disappointing start for such an expensive device.

Any further ideas on how to force the screen to refresh?

thanks
You might try removing the sd card if you have one - that's caused problems too. If plugging it in or holding the power button doesn't fix it I'd say return it. Mine had a lot of other defects too and you're right - it's disappointing considering the price.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
display, reset, t68