Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
trexcomp
trexcomp began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad Book
How do you download a newspaper onto my iLiad

Hi

Now I would like to be able to view my daily newspaper on it. I am in the UK and would like to be able to download and view The Daily Telegraph or The Times newspapers.

Can anybody help?
trexcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to MobileRead, trexcomp.

I don't have your Reader, but there'll be plenty of help along the way. Give everyone a chance to wake up.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2008, 12:50 AM   #3
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
After some searching around, I think your best bet would be to set up an Auto Downloader plugin (too bad they stopped their PDF version). Use the recursive download feature of "wget" to download the mobile version of the site (or the full if you feel like it).

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26064
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Have you considered using Mobipocket reader's e-news facility to do it.

I use it pretty regularly, and tend to read the FT using it.

I've checked and feed for the Telegraph and the Times are available.

I've only used it with my Gen3 & Pocket PC, but as the Iliad does support Mobipocket (.prc) using either the built in client or FBreader it should work.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:57 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you don't mind having a PC in the loop, then using the Windows MobiPocket Reader is a good choice.

If you want a iLiad-only solution, then see Feedbooks.com iLiad Downloader (iNewsStand). I don't download newspapers myself, but I have seen reports that iNewsStand isn't completely reliable. You can also use FeedBooks to make a MOBI to download to your desktop and then to the iLiad (i.e. as an alternative to MobiPocket Reader).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert