Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #35506
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm getting things together for a flea market sale. It's amazing just how much junk a person can acquire in just a few years...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #35507
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I need to do exactly that this spring and either sale or get rid of most of my "stuff" collection.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #35508
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm getting things together for a flea market sale. It's amazing just how much junk a person can acquire in just a few years...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I need to do exactly that this spring and either sale or get rid of most of my "stuff" collection.
It's reaching the absurd... I have three Shoei helmets to sell. Two are mine and one was my wife's. And this is in less than four years! Two gas heaters that are still in unopened boxes... (we probably won't need two gas heaters in Thailand. The coldest I ever remember it getting was all the way down to 15°C. There was frost on the ground in the higher elevations and the locals were going wild thinking that was snow!) Computer monitors, a couple of 1T external hard drives, probably less than two years old. (well scrubbed with DOD overwrites) Various electrical devices designed for 100v. Cheaper to buy new ones rather than buy 240v converters...

Stitchawl
Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #35509
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Cake pudding! Yea!
LOL!! No, it's done all the way through.... but it's not coffee cake. It ended up being a peach-filled bundt cake. It's good...but it's not coffee cake.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:17 AM   #35510
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I'm excited for you! The second film in that series, "Aliens, " is one of my favorite movies ever. I have seen it so many times, and quote from it often. Enjoy!
Quote:
I guess I'm going to have to watch the Alien series. I've never seen any of them. But so many people talk about them being so enjoyable... I guess it's time to give in and see for myself.

Stitchawl
I hadn't realized Prometheus is a sort spin-off prequel to the Alien series. I really liked the first film and it looks like I have to go shopping for the full series when I get back home tomorrow! I had seen it before, probably in my early teens but it didn't impress me much back then. It's also fun to see how much sci-fi films have changed; from dark and cluttered interiors with lots of blinking lights to sleek, white and almost minimalistic interiors with hidden strip lighting.

Today is my last day at the park and it's a day to stay in and use up all my left over supplies. I like this park but probably won't be returning because the hilly terrain makes cycling hard, which is my main mode of transport (especially when I have to get heavy shopping back to your cottage).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #35511
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Taking a break from packing and cleaning my cottage. My parents could arrive to pick me up in an hour and a half, or it might take them a bit longer because of the snow. I'm already planning my next holiday, I think I'll go away to the UK or Ireland for a long weekend or midweek in June.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:56 AM   #35512
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Taking a break from packing and cleaning my cottage. My parents could arrive to pick me up in an hour and a half, or it might take them a bit longer because of the snow. I'm already planning my next holiday, I think I'll go away to the UK or Ireland for a long weekend or midweek in June.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #35513
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Trying to figure out how to work off the 4,000-5,000 calorie lunch we just had... Buffet at the New Miyako Hotel in Kyoto... 100 different dishes, each of them better than the one beside it! There were four different presentations of just mussels alone! Pandering to my diet, I didn't put any of the hot fudge on the dessert ice cream (though I did take triple servings of tiramisu I had with it...)

Stitchawl
Old 01-22-2013, 02:08 AM   #35514
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
LOL someone is not eating the ret of the week
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 AM   #35515
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Mentally preparing for work, .

After a week away I expect my chair and bit of table to be dumped full of assorted crap my father needed to get off his hands quickly, on my bit of table I'm expecting to find my mother's ashtray and spilled ash (yuk). I also expect my father to be cranky when I refuse to work all day (it's my half-day today) because two, maybe all three, shipments that came in last week still needs to be checked, tagged and put away.

I'm also very much missing the central heating I had in the cottage!
Old 01-22-2013, 03:28 AM   #35516
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
LOL someone is not eating the ret of the week
... and well into next week.

(But it was worth it. )

Stitchawl
Old 01-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #35517
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Glad it was worth it. It sounds heavenly!

Rumpelteazer: That first day back sucks no matter what. It sounds like yours is going to be worse than most. How hard would it be to get central heating installed in your current home?
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #35518
kennyc

Quote:
... and well into next week.

(But it was worth it. )

Stitchawl
Perhaps we need more calorie-control laws.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #35519
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Perhaps we need more calorie-control laws.

You keep yer fingers out of my Weight-Watchers Handbook!!!

Stitchawl
Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #35520
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Glad it was worth it. It sounds heavenly!

Rumpelteazer: That first day back sucks no matter what. It sounds like yours is going to be worse than most. How hard would it be to get central heating installed in your current home?
Well, the back of the house was build in the 1400s and the front in the 1600s so no go for central heating because it's a registered monument. The store's got central heating, but my father thinks 15C is a perfect temperature for working in. My hands disagree.

This morning was both better and worse than expected. He had checked, tagged and put away 1.5 shipments of the 3 that arrived last week, and those were the most important ones. However, he had rearranged my section of the table to be "more practical". Grrrr, more practical according to him. My workspace has a system and I'm used to it so I changed everything back.

On the bright side: I just got my tablet! After much doubt I went for the 7" Nexus 7 32GB. Mainly because I wanted something I can easily carry around with me and for what I want to use it for 7" will be big enough. It's now updating Android and I just ordered a casing for it which should arrive tomorrow.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?