Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #181
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
No, I only have one case for mine too, its the official Kindle 3 case and I waited until it was a reasonable price before buying it!

All those in this thread that do try out various different cases are very helpful for people like me who like to do a lot of research and then just buy one.
Oh, but the official Kindle 3 Case was the best ever ! My son is still using his green one and it is precious ! Lovely case, lovely leather, but probably too expensive in the end for Amazon.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #182
shahvikram123
shahvikram123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Yh I share the same thoughts for those of you who like the original cover too. I especially liked the slim profile of the case and the leather finish which gives your kindle that professional look. But it does cost a fair bit! I came across this case on Amazon. Very similar, but only £11!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: couldn't resist; I placed an order! will let you guys know how it is when I get it!
shahvikram123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #183
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Oh, but the official Kindle 3 Case was the best ever ! My son is still using his green one and it is precious ! Lovely case, lovely leather, but probably too expensive in the end for Amazon.
I don't like mine! It's too big and bulky for everyday use, so I only ever use it for protection if I'm carrying my Kindle in a bag (which doesn't happen very often, si it's still in pretty mint condition).

I much prefer the slim fit of the official case I have for my Sony 350. So IF I upgrade to the PW2, I'm hoping the slim-fit cases suit me better, while still offering good enough protection for the screen.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #184
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Just received my PW2 about five days ago. I ordered the official Amazon cover (purple of course ) with the PW2. I'm very impressed with it. I haven't ordered any additional covers, yet--but I can see myself eventually due that.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #185
baggyrinkle
Early Adoptor
baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle3 Kindle4 Kindle Fire Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
That is all I ever use on my Kindles. I don't like dealing with the folded back cover, and the tpu is lighter still, and easier to hold when reading. Should I decide to take it on a trip, I use my old nook leather Hutton envelope, or a built slipcover. I have this Blue, search ebay for tpu paperwhite for other colors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fosmon-Durab...#ht_3307wt_980
Thanks for this link. I just received mine,I ordered a black one, and at $5.50 it fits perfectly and improves handling while reading. And it helps prevent accidental page turns, which was bugging the crap out of me. The only thing I need to add is a screen protector. I'm not concerned about a cover that closes and turns it off. It goes off all by itself after 5 min or so. Perfect.

Not a cover hoarder yet!

Hal....
baggyrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #186
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahvikram123 View Post
Wow, does everyone buy a lot of cases for their Kindle or ebook reader?? I feel bad when buying just one!! guess that's because i've been a student for the past 3-4 years! lol

What does everyone think of the original amazon PW2 case? I was thinking of just getting that…any thoughts?
I love it, though it is a tad expensive, and also larger and heavier than the ones we have added to this thread. The more expensive price is justified by the better quality, I have to grudgingly admit. Grudgingly, because $40 for case is absolutely ridiculous and the most I have ever paid for a case for ANY of my gadgets...ever.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #187
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
No, I only have one case for mine too, its the official Kindle 3 case and I waited until it was a reasonable price before buying it!

All those in this thread that do try out various different cases are very helpful for people like me who like to do a lot of research and then just buy one.
And that's the only reason we do it: for research purposes and the greater good I suddenly feel so much better about all my cases...
Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #188
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Right, I've got round to finishing my "cave painting" cover. Reasonably pleased with it so now looking at doing something else on another of the cheapo covers (have a few ideas, need to think!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover_final.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	113048  
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #189
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Right, I've got round to finishing my "cave painting" cover. Reasonably pleased with it so now looking at doing something else on another of the cheapo covers (have a few ideas, need to think!)
Wow! Your cover is gorgeous, you are very talented!
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #190
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Too kind I'll say it again, I can't draw but it's ok if I'm copying something simple. Still annoyed at getting the angle of the head wrong and thus losing the dynamics of the Lascaux painting (so erm yes, cavemen could draw way better than me )

Last edited by Yolina; 10-09-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #191
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like it, doesn't matter if its not perfect or just how you wanted it, the fact is it makes the case look that bit better.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #192
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
And that's the only reason we do it: for research purposes and the greater good I suddenly feel so much better about all my cases...

Nice, everyone's a winner then!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #193
xendula
eBookworm

Nice, Yolina! A perfect PW2 and a cool new case - what a great week for you, huh? You must be in heaven

PS: Seriuously? Angle of the head?!??
Old 10-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #194
Yolina
Wizard

A good week indeed, maybe I should get a lottery ticket while I'm at it

And yes, seriously, the Lascaux one looks far more dynamic because the snout of the deer extends upwards and on my cover it doesn't - a bit annoying but I'll live I think
Old 10-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #195
Yolina
Wizard

Working on my next "masterpiece", using acrylic and erm, eyeshadow this time I am having fun